Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it me, or has Al Gores political stock taken a nosedive?  (Read 2272 times)

nathanielmark

Re: Is it me, or has Al Gores political stock taken a nosedive?
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 02:35:03 PM »

these are valid claims, but the reality is that if gore did a better job, florida would not have tilted the election.

I think he's stiffness puts people off  agreed

but I think many Democrats hold him responsible for letting dubya get into the white house.  he's associated with the 2000 election failure (define it anyway you like) in people's minds forever

Well, i went to the University of Florida... so i was smack dab in the center of the "dangling chad" debocle...and in my circle more people blaimed the electoral process and the President's brother than the candidate himself... there are still many people who thinkthat Gore won the election!

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 02:37:46 PM »
...granted

yo dawgs, wuts good with your signature link?

nathanielmark

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 02:38:40 PM »
thats my cousin billy and his rock band.  they are good right?

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 02:38:45 PM »
I am not saying that Gore is responsible.  I'm saying that he is forever tainted by that election.

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 02:42:05 PM »
I am not saying that Gore is responsible.  I'm saying that he is forever tainted by that election.

Your absolutely right on with that....

I have spoken to people who believe G-dub to be one of the most influential presidents EVER.... could this be more off base?

nathanielmark

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 03:09:11 PM »
not totally offbase.  he is the figurehead for one of the most influential administrations ever.  i dont think the seperation of political branches has ever been more in jeopardy then it is now.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 05:17:47 PM »
his daughters are hot!

;D

onehandedreader

• Sr. Citizen
  • Balzac, Jaws of Death
    • View Profile
    • how real can one keep it?
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 07:51:30 PM »
i don't think he ever had any political stock.  he stands for all the same things his opponents do, and you can tell how excited the voters were in 2000 by how close the election was.  Al Gore has always been pro-WTO, pro-death penalty, pro-drug war.  he tried to kill the kyoto protocol before any of us really heard about it, he tried to institute sanctions against south africa for importing cheap aids medicine from south america, and when we were sued through WTO because dolphin-safe tuna was a barrier to free trade, he was the one who came up with the idea that as long as the fishermen don't see dolphins caught/dead in nets, tuna is dolphin-safe.  he's always been a scumbag.
www.antihumanity.com
how real can one keep it?

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 11:07:32 AM »
When Al Gore had his little hissy fit, he just put more nails in his coffin.  I think his best work was on Saturday Night Live.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 11:09:45 AM »
I lost all respect for Gore when I read that he represented the US at an international conference on AIDS and supported the drug companies by refusing to allow generic drugs to be produced for use in Africa and ensuring that millions would go without those drugs and thus die.