Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it me, or has Al Gores political stock taken a nosedive?  (Read 2328 times)

nathanielmark

first the jackass dean endorsement, now the valid, but poorly framed attacks on bush.

that pic on drudge doesnt help either. 

just in case you arent aware i am slightly left of center.  i just think he needs to quit while hes ahead.  i almost think he reflects poorly on kerry at this point.

what do you guys think?

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it me, or has Al Gores political stock taken a nosedive?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:26:52 PM »

Hey Green, ever read Earth in the Balance? I checked it out while taking and environmental ethics in politcs class during undergrad.... decent, very decent... my outlook on gore changed slightly after the read.....

as far as you subject for this post.....  yes i think it has....

btw i voted for Gore.....

C.

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:28:57 PM »

could you elaborate?  are you saying the book led to you viewing him more in admiration or as a hypocrite? 

Hey Green, ever read Earth in the Balance? I checked it out while taking and environmental ethics in politcs class during undergrad.... decent, very decent... my outlook on gore changed slightly after the read.....

as far as you subject for this post.....  yes i think it has....

btw i voted for Gore.....

C.

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 01:41:41 PM »

The former...  check out his Global Marshal Plan...

fyi, i have been called a tree hugger before....but only by people much larger (or faster) than me...

C.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 01:44:29 PM »
i always thought he was very bright and had the best of intentions.  he seems to do stupid things though.  i think the way he bullied bush on national tv was what cost him the election. 

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 01:49:46 PM »
i always thought he was very bright and had the best of intentions.  he seems to do stupid things though.  i think the way he bullied bush on national tv was what cost him the election. 

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

thought that was fitting.....

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 02:03:59 PM »
I think he's stiffness puts people off, but I think many Democrats hold him responsible for letting dubya get into the white house.  he's associated with the 2000 election failure (define it anyway you like) in people's minds forever.

M2

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 02:30:55 PM »
Its a misquote...

Do some research on it.

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 02:32:22 PM »
thats what i thought also. 

Its a misquote...

Do some research on it.

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 02:33:41 PM »
I think he's stiffness puts people off  agreed

but I think many Democrats hold him responsible for letting dubya get into the white house.  he's associated with the 2000 election failure (define it anyway you like) in people's minds forever

Well, i went to the University of Florida... so i was smack dab in the center of the "dangling chad" debocle...and in my circle more people blaimed the electoral process and the President's brother than the candidate himself... there are still many people who thinkthat Gore won the election!