Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who wants to CARPOOL to Syracuse to get an DECISION!!  (Read 604 times)

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
Who wants to CARPOOL to Syracuse to get an DECISION!!
« on: April 12, 2005, 04:25:42 PM »
i applied to syracuse on november 1st and still have no decision. anyone else having this problem? i really want to drive out there (its only an hour from me) and asked for the damn letter!

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to CARPOOL to Syracuse to get an DECISION!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:48:57 PM »
yup, im in the same boat as well. but im in MD so dont think ill drivin there anytime soon.
HUSL 1L

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 09:31:23 PM »
cam:

what are your numbers? did you already put a deposit at another school?

mrizzle

• Gin. It's what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 10:43:42 PM »
I just sent syracuse a "thanks but no thanks."

Hopefully that opens up a spot for you guys.

I am up in seattle, sent my info in october, and received my acceptance 2 weeks ago.

300 inches of snow is just not for me.
Will be attending: Chapman

yes: syracuse, Chapman (11k), Whittier (11k), Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson (14k)

take a hike: catholic, UNLV, USD

Wait List: depaul, southwestern

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 11:23:25 PM »
I sent my application in early November, and did not hear anything from them until the end of February (much later than schools that i had applied to later in the cycle.) 

My decision, however, had gone out earlier in February, but had gone to the wrong address (if was an old one that did not even appear on my applications - maybe got it from when i had requested a catalogue). 

Maybe a stupid questions, but have you called them.  Thus far, with the exception of the address bung up, the admissions people have been very good to deal with.

Regardless, sorry to hear that its taking so long ... and good luck.

MRizzle, i hear ya on the 300 inches of snow, but being from the north, I think if i went to school where there was nice weather, i wouldn't get any work done, not being used to it!

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 11:42:19 PM »
I also applied to Syracuse ages ago, and haven't heard from them since 2004- when they sent my the "complete" notification. I would be happy to trek up there and do a little arm-twisting. These people deserve could use some "persuasion".

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 12:31:26 AM »
cam:

what are your numbers? did you already put a deposit at another school?

153/3.17

no i havent sent in any deposits, because so far three of the schools ive been accepted to, I dont want to attend. The other one's deposit isnt until april 29th, so i'm hoping to hear back from my top choices by then. I dont really think Syracuse is at the top of my list as of now though anyhow.
HUSL 1L

KODIAK

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:27:58 AM »
Man I'm glad to see other people are having the same frustrations with the Cuse.  I was complete in early February, which isn't as long as some of you guys, but the wait is insane.  I've even had one of my family members, who is an alum and has done lots of fundraising for them, call one of the deans and ask when I could expect to hear.  This person told them "Oh any day now."  That was at least 2 weeks ago.  They really need to get their act together. 

leoladybug

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 09:15:09 AM »
I have been waiting since end of December.  I have a 149 LSAT so I know that is what's hurting me.

I sent an updated resume via e-mail about a month ago and they responded right away but still no decision.  Maybe it postponed an inevitable rejection. 

I can carpool..I am only 3 hours away!!

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 10:14:26 AM »
hey i was in the same boat. I called yesterday frustrated and they told me I was just accepted on monday and that i should be getting the packet soon.  I was going nuts so i am glad they finally told me over the phone.  Not that that helps you guys.. .but mayb eyou can just keep calling??? I don't know. i'm sorry.  it does suck that they do this. I am probalby going to go there.  AT least there are two admitted student days left (april 23 and 29) so i think they shoudl be sending out alot of decisions before then.
I love my philly phanatic :)