Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Law Day/ Admit Weekend  (Read 9156 times)

ambar713

Emory Law Day/ Admit Weekend
« on: April 12, 2005, 04:00:24 PM »
If you were there, what did you think?  I really liked it!  Everything they did seemed very personal and genuine.  The dinner at the Senator's house the night before was cool, too.  It seems like Emory has a really good sense of community, and I'm definitely leaning that way... just wanted to see what everyone else thought?  (By the way, if you were there and sat in on the class w/ Prof. Ahdieh, I was the girl who got called on to state the facts of the first case.)  Let me know what's up!

GoHuskies05

Re: Emory Law Day/ Admit Wekend
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:25:13 PM »
Nice work in the class.  I thought you did very well.  I was there.  I won't be attending, but I got the drift that other people liked it a lot more than I did, so I won't rain on anyone's parade with my negative opinions.  I was impressed by the faculty and their recent hires.  I think Emory is an up and coming school. 

the REAL desi

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 05:43:10 PM »
If you were there, what did you think?  I really liked it!  Everything they did seemed very personal and genuine.  The dinner at the Senator's house the night before was cool, too.  It seems like Emory has a really good sense of community, and I'm definitely leaning that way... just wanted to see what everyone else thought?  (By the way, if you were there and sat in on the class w/ Prof. Ahdieh, I was the girl who got called on to state the facts of the first case.)  Let me know what's up!

damn, i forgot you were coming down too.  will we be seeing you next year?

FutureLawyerMiami

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Makaveli46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:48:34 PM »
I loved it. You did a great job in the mock class by the way. I'm really excited about Emory and I should be there unless I get lucky on some wait lists.

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GatorKevin1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 08:50:26 AM »
Did they have anything to say about the slide in the rankings?

The drop matters little if any to me -- I'm going to be attending Emory regardless.  Just curious...

ambar713

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 05:00:50 AM »
Did they have anything to say about the slide in the rankings?

The drop matters little if any to me -- I'm going to be attending Emory regardless.  Just curious...

Yeah, they said there was an error in the recording of their job placement numbers.  Apparently, U.S. News recorded Emory as only having about a 60% job placement after graduation, when in fact, it's somewhere in the 80s.  They talked about it - basically, they said it was a mistake and that it doesn't really change Emory's reputation in the grand scheme of things (which is what my prelaw advisor said, too).  I was really impressed by the Law Day activities, so I'm preparing my $250 deposit check as I type.  I'll most likely be there next year unless UCLA wants me, gives me money, and I decide I like it better than Emory (which isn't looking likely on any count at this point).  Besides, I think I'm ready to leave California for awhile, anyway...

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 04:16:20 PM »
I went down there dead set on hating it, and low and behold I fell in love with the place (so much so that I'm reconsidering even sending in my W&M WL paperwork - which was my first choice up until last weekend). 

The next big challenge: finding a roomate!  If anyone is thinking about living in the Post Briarcliff and is looking for a female apartment-mate, PM me!
Going to William & Mary!

tinyandi

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 05:07:12 PM »
I'm considering living in Post Briarcliff...but don't need a roommate.  Did you visit this place?  If so, how did you all like the facilities?  Their prices can't be beat for square footage in the area.
Attending: Emory
In: UF, UM
Wailisted: ND (Group 1), Berkeley (Group 1)
Rejections: GW, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tinyandi

the REAL desi

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 05:17:56 PM »
I'm considering living in Post Briarcliff...but don't need a roommate.  Did you visit this place?  If so, how did you all like the facilities?  Their prices can't be beat for square footage in the area.

Post Briarcliff - we might as well have classes there...

ambar713

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 07:31:59 PM »
I sent in my deposit today, but I am still waiting to hear back from UCLA (being a CA native and all)... I'm pretty set on Emory, though.  I don't really have the kind of money to submit deposits to just anywhere.

Also, I've heard so many people refer to Post Briarcliff as the "Melrose Place" of the Law School?  Has anyone else heard this?  Eva, maybe you could tell me what that means?  Is it a super incestuous place, or is it just that everyone lives there so there's not much of a chance of keeping your private life to yourself?  I've actually been considering living in Clairmont (just b/c it's convenient & I wouldn't have to buy furniture or look for parking)... I'd like more info, though.

I'm also looking for a roomie (but, I won't be for sure until the end of the month or so)... it'd be nice to PM w/ someone about living habits, so feel free to contact me!   :)