Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: florida state  (Read 1003 times)

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
florida state
« on: April 12, 2005, 01:45:58 PM »
ding ;D
post-3L

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: florida state
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 06:06:46 PM »
ugh, i don't want to go home...
FIU Class of 2009

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 06:24:18 PM »
did they give you any idea of how long it would be before revisiting that hold/waitlist?
post-3L

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
did they give you any idea of how long it would be before revisiting that hold/waitlist?

Were you on the Hold list first before rejection? Don't count on the Hold list at FSU....they have 300 applicants on it and they don't expect to have decisions on them any time soon.  Yes, I know.. it's mid April already.

hope74usa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
they have 300 applicants on it and they don't expect to have decisions on them any time soon.

Does that include those of us who haven't heard anything since our deferral? If not, I wonder how many "still pending" applicants they have. When I called a couple of weeks ago, they only said there were a LOT.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 08:44:17 PM »

Does that include those of us who haven't heard anything since our deferral? If not, I wonder how many "still pending" applicants they have. When I called a couple of weeks ago, they only said there were a LOT.

The 300 are only the Hold list.  What's the deferral thing you're talking about?  Did you get a letter.....if so, could you post what the letter says?

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 09:01:09 PM »
i wasn't placed on any lists prior to the rejection.  it was the first (and last) i've heard from them :)
post-3L

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 10:18:43 PM »
i'm on the hold list.  haven't heard much from them since.  don't expect to for awhile.

FIU Class of 2009

hope74usa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 07:33:44 AM »
The letter I reveived (WAY too long ago for it to be of any comfort) says:

The admissions committee has begun its review of your application for admission to the FSU College of Law for Fall 2005. We are pleased to be able to tell you that you are among a group of highly competitive applicants with quite impressive credentioals. Congratulations! Unfortunately, the high volume of applicants we have in this category precludes our making a final decision on your file at this time. We are giving your file every possible consideration, and we may review it several times before reaching our final decision. This does not mean that your file has been ranked in any particular order or that you have been placed on any kind of "wait list." If we decide to place you on a wait list, we will let you know as soon as we can.

We understand the anxiety that can accompany the law school admissions process as you are awaiting decisions. We want to reassure you that, although we are unable to give you an exact date on which to expect a final decision, our goal is to have all final decisions out by mid-May. In the meantime, again, please be assured that we are giving your very impressive file every possible consideration as expeditiously as we can.

We are happy to answer any questions you mighy have as we progress through the admissions cycle. You may reach us at . . .

Sincerely,