Law School Discussion

USC and UCLA...still waiting?

mobie

USC and UCLA...still waiting?
« on: April 12, 2005, 09:12:29 AM »
Title says it all...anyone have any guesstimates when we might hear?  Or am I getting WL'ed?

Re: USC and UCLA...still waiting?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:25:40 AM »
I just got WL'd at both.  UCLA came on 4.8.05 and USC came on 4.11.05.  Based on last year's LSN numbers neither school is likely to send out many acceptances anymore, but who knows.  The admissions office at USC said their "application cycle" goes until the end of April, implying they'd have decisions out by then.  UCLA told me it could be as late as late May to get a decision.

Anybody know about chances of getting off the waitlist?  Or at least how many they waitlist?  Anything more specific than "not good" would be helpful.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 10:38:55 AM »
Yeah, also haven't heard back from either. I'm thinking I'm just going to go to Penn if I don't hear back by the end fo the month, even though UCLA probably won't get back to me until May, since I hate waiting. And I don't want to have to make the decision to pick between Penn and UCLA...

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »
I'm waitlisted at USC :(  and no response from UCLA. 

I hope the chances of getting off of USC's list is possible at all!!! I really want to go there, debt and all! Bring it on!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 12:26:49 PM »
I'm still waiting for both as well.  I had an interview at USC in mid-March and they said that I would have a decision by the end of April.  I feel like my chances of acceptance are fading with each passing day....

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »
I'm in at USC and am still waiting to hear from UCLA. There have been several UCLA WL's on LSN in the last couple days, which makes me truly dread going home tonight and checking the mailbox.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 12:46:27 PM »
Still waiting on USC, but I don't think I would pick it over UCLA anyway.  Now it's just the morbid curiosity of whether they would accept or reject me.  From the looks of LSN, it might be a waitlist.

mobie

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 01:06:24 PM »
I had to revive this thread...STILL waiting!  Has anyone else heard back?

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 01:11:27 PM »
I got my WL letter from UCLA on Tuesday

tinyandi

• 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 01:17:27 PM »
Still waiting on UCLA too...called, and they are STILL reviewing.