• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NYU
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 05:53:02 PM »
 :o

Are you calling me a hippy?!

*looks down at dirty sandaled feet*

Alright, well maybe once upon a time...

What's funny is that I once did live in a commune similar to that one. It didn't end very well, but I learned a few valuable things, such as how to recycle EVERYTHING (we didn't even have a trash) and how to cook kale. OK, so I like the Grateful Dead, but I swear my hippiness ends there! Just ask my old commune comrades.
_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »
NYU's deposit deadline was May 6th, so the WL should have started moving by now.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 09:04:23 AM »
I found out I got in off the waitlist last night.  Big envelope.  3.61/172.

Now I'm very confused.  I had promised myself I would go to UVa regardless.  But NYU is tempting...  I'd get to stay a little closer to my life as I know it.  It's just so damn expensive.
UVa it is!

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:16:33 AM »
Boston24:

First off, congrats!!!

Did you send any extra information to NYU? I plan on attending UVA, but I'm also on the NYU and Columbia waitlist. Like you, I told myself I would go to UVA no matter what (lower COA and nice scholarship) but NYU ---oohh lala.

Did they say anything about $? I remember the waitlist letter stating that the waitlisters would be considered for need based $. Which, to me, implied that none of us would receive any merit or grant $ if we got in.

Again, congrats. I know this is a tough decision. But, remember that you will most likely have the same employment prospects coming out of UVA and NYU but with significantly less debt. But you will have the opportunity to work during the school year because of NYU's location. My friend from CLS, who's been working at Cravath for over 4 yrs and who took out the entire amount for Columbia in loans, told me that he's barely made a dent in his loans (between supporting his daughter and buying a NY apartment).
He told me to follow the $.

Keep us apprised of your decision.

Now I'm very confused.  I had promised myself I would go to UVa regardless.  But NYU is tempting...  I'd get to stay a little closer to my life as I know it.  It's just so damn expensive.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »
Boston24:

First off, congrats!!!

Did you send any extra information to NYU? I plan on attending UVA, but I'm also on the NYU and Columbia waitlist. Like you, I told myself I would go to UVA no matter what (lower COA and nice scholarship) but NYU ---oohh lala.

Did they say anything about $? I remember the waitlist letter stating that the waitlisters would be considered for need based $. Which, to me, implied that none of us would receive any merit or grant $ if we got in.

Again, congrats. I know this is a tough decision. But, remember that you will most likely have the same employment prospects coming out of UVA and NYU but with significantly less debt. But you will have the opportunity to work during the school year because of NYU's location. My friend from CLS, who's been working at Cravath for over 4 yrs and who took out the entire amount for Columbia in loans, told me that he's barely made a dent in his loans (between supporting his daughter and buying a NY apartment).
He told me to follow the $.

Keep us apprised of your decision.

I didn't send in any additional material, not even an email or a letter of continued interest.  I was initially waitlisted on April 15th.  Honestly, I was kind of hoping this wouldn't happen...  Oh well.  I'm excited to get in, though.  I'm going to visit this weekend and go from there.
UVa it is!

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 12:31:14 PM »
Please report back about your visit, especially compared to UVA. I am just at the point of apartment hunting for UVA, but I have promised myself if I get into NYU I will go and live in a closet.

I feel for you; I know that as much as I've wanted to get into NYU I would have mixed feelings about it this late in the game, now that I've been imagining myself at UVA.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 04:17:59 AM »

Congrats on the NYU admit Boston24.

Now that that is over with, I hope you decide to still join us at UVa. I picked UVa over NYU, hopefullly I won't be alone in that.:) I don't know how NYU treats waitlisters with $$, but I was offered $15k/year with your exact numbers during the regular cycle.

Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

davisxa

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23:02 PM »
It seems like everyone who was admitted from the wailtist last year didn't send in any additional materials either.  :-\ I hope I haven't ruined my chances with my gushing letter.
_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 07:05:37 PM »
Boston24--did you visit NYU? What are your impressions?
3.52 164|cancel|173

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »
Does anyone know when NYU's second deposit is due?
3.52 164|cancel|173