Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU  (Read 2235 times)

qj

• View Profile
NYU
« on: April 12, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »
The waitlists are coming from NYU.  I was waitlisted April 7 when there were only 3 people on LSN that had waitlists.  There are now 13 so get ready for them if you are on my level and have received WLs at schools such as Michigan, UVA, & Columbia.  Will be fun to see how these all turn out.  If nothing comes, then hello Northwestern

mmyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NYU
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:52:41 PM »
Yeah, I got waitlisted yesterday.  I am withdrawing, so there's one less person to compete with  :)

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 03:58:33 AM »
I guess that I can expect mine soon as well.  Assuming I am not just rejected.

NickyFitt

• 166/3.97 ---and charming!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 07:14:47 AM »
Yeah, I got waitlisted yesterday.  I am withdrawing, so there's one less person to compete with  :)

Yay, good for you!  I think I'll stay on.  I'm visiting NYU today (I had planned to before I was waitlisted) and plan to ask them some annoying questions about my odds.  Anybody know any historical NYU waitlist stats offhand?  I'm assuming I'll be waitlisted (or rejected) at Columbia too, so info about that might be useful as well.

Loves me: Fordham, Hastings, Northeastern (7k),U of Minnesota, USC (8k), Washington & Lee, William & Mary (14k)
Loves me not: Boalt
UR such a tease! (waitlist): Columbia, NYU, Stanford

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=abigailallen

davisxa

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 06:31:27 PM »
bump
_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:29:49 AM »
Has anyone been accepted/rejected from the waitlist? I heard their first deposit was due sometime in may.

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 06:57:32 PM »
I heard on xo that NYU's waitlist moved in enda may last year. I think I can hold my breath till then.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:07:11 PM »
I heard on xo that NYU's waitlist moved in enda may last year. I think I can hold my breath till then.

I noticed on XO that they even started having movement of the waitlist even earlier, like around now.... but the people that came off had really high lsat scores

davisxa

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 02:45:33 AM »

I noticed on XO that they even started having movement of the waitlist even earlier, like around now.... but the people that came off had really high lsat scores

Hey filialuna, lyrarain...

Looks like it's us 3 again, NYU obsessed waitlisters lol. same thread different board. What I'm trying to figure out filialuna is how did you find old threads from last year on xoxo?

I pulled up accepted & attending WLers on LSN from the 03-04 cycle... there were 11 total. What percentage of law school applicants do you think post their numbers on LSN?
_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 03:57:53 AM »
This is vague, but I thought there were well over a hundred waitlisted folks for NYU on LSN. That seemed like it had to be at least half of what NYU sent out. Right? They couldn't have waitlisted 400 of us, could they? So my wild guess is that 50% post to LSN, maybe as much as 70%.

Of course, I think the wild excitement of getting off the waitlist probably caused some of them to just change their status from WL to Accepted and not WL, Acc'd (or maybe, not at all). This is why when I'm pouring over LSN every day I order them by Decision date and then scroll down to check the time stamped ones too.

I seriously am getting a stalker vibe from myself about NYU. I am trying to self correct with a heavy dose of optimism about UVA. I'm focusing on the great housing options, the possibility of nonprofit and entrepreneurial business classes at Darden (maybe even an MBA if I see the point re: my CED interests) and, most exciting of all, swimming holes! I bet C'Ville is going to be massed with swimming holes, and if not it's 45 minutes from my former home Twin Oaks, home of the best communards and greatest swimmin' hole I know.

davisxa you might think Twin Oaks is interesting (I am saying this because of your overalls, which have probably given me a lopsided impression of you). Here is their website: http://www.twinoaks.org. It's kind of isolated there but a really fascinating and fun model of intentional community.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA