Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Forums?  (Read 3815 times)

nathanielmark

Law School Forums?
« on: May 27, 2004, 10:44:07 AM »
anyone ever go to one?  there is one coming up july 31 in DC.  what are these like?  is it a bunch of booths setup for schools? 

would anyone from adcoms be there?  possibly a chance to make a good impression?

Cherry

• View Profile
Re: Law School Forums?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 10:48:41 AM »
A friend of mine went to the one last year and got several bites from schools that would be intrested in her as well as some invitations to visit.  I know she found it VERY helpful to go.

legalblonde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:39:16 PM »
Yep, it's a bunch of boothes set up with representatives from each school.  Sometimes the rep is someone who can make admissions decisions, and you can make a good impression. Sometimes it's an alumni (esp. for out-of state schools) who just sits in to answer questions about the program.  I think it's worth going if you are doing research, and just in case there's someone there who you can impress.  You can pick up applications and catalogs, at a minimum.  The DC one should be pretty huge and well-represented, so I'd say it's worth your time!

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 04:37:16 PM »
Definitely worth your time...but don't be one of those losers sucking up to the rep at the forum.  Seriously...it won't help.
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:38:03 PM »
you can be friendly and make a good impression without "sucking up"

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 04:44:30 PM »
they never come to minneapolis  :'(

NYBound05

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 07:14:21 PM »
I went to a forum last year at UC Berkeley and found it helpful.  If you have particular questions about schools that you may be unable to visit at the present time, and your questions aren't answered on the website, then forums can be especially helpful. 
Also, if you're applying to a lot of schools, bring a big bag to carry all the stuff you'll get from the representatives.  I went in there not knowing that and ended up carrying bricks all day!  8)

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 07:49:27 PM »
I went to one last year in Chicago.  I was pretty insightful.  Yes itís a bunch of booths for all the different schools but the good thing is that there is someone to answer any question you might have.  I also agree with the other poster who said to bring a big bag.  My friend and I ended up going to back to the car to unload half way through.  Also if you are not planning on going for both days narrow down who it is you want to talk to, other wise you will spend an entire day trying to make it down the first row.  Oh, one more thing my friend and I each got 3 or 4 application waivers just for talking to the school. If you can make it to any forum its well worth your time.

ttiwed

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 08:13:41 PM »
i went to the chicago one as well last year. they actually give out free bags to put your stuff in. come prepared with questions cause they won't be pro-active when talking to you. you gotta do the initiating. the best way to visualize the forum is to think of a career fair. also, even though lsac doesn't require a dress code, lots of people dress in business/business casual.

DOWNY

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 11:10:04 PM »
My name is DOWNY and I am dead sexy. That's because every day I eat 10 pounds of bacon. It really brings out my figure. And, LTB is a shithead. Yep, that's right. A penisface who should be kicked off of this board. I know we need the grammar police but he is just ridiculous. LTB IF YOU'RE READING THIS YOU NEED TO SHOVE A PIZZA UP YOUR ASS AND NEVER RETURN.

Sincerely,
DOWNY