Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardozo Admit Weekend (Out of Towners)  (Read 1729 times)

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cardozo Admit Weekend (Out of Towners)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 12:14:38 PM »
No, I didn't. I remember meeting a Matt, Rachel, Cheryl, Lulu and a Devrin. There were others but those are the names I remember.

Starresky,

We talked at the start of the Village tour Sunday afternoon.  We both applied to a ridiculous number of schools.  And both of us were group 3 for the Q & A session with current students.  Does that ring a bell?  (there were not that many Asian faces). 

How was your trip to GMU?  Are you close to a decision yet? 

I wonder if Lulu, Cheryl and Matt are on LSD. 

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 12:34:44 PM »
michaelduke, that was you?! AWESOME! Anyway, GMU was underwhelming. It was like an office building in suburbia. I loved Virginia and D.C., beautiful architecture, great location if you want to go the political route, but it did not convince me enough to go to George Mason. It was way too cold feeling for me. The professor of the class I sat in on was great, but the students were part timers I think so they didn't give me the real LAW SCHOOL feel. Also, the office wasn't very helpful in giving me information about the school (lightyears behind of Cardozo's openness). I have pretty much decided that GMU is not for me. And then there were three . . .

Oh and as a sidenote, that walking tour was EXHAUSTING, haha!

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 12:38:20 PM »
i loved the walking tour!  the weather was perfect and our guide was fun :)  oh heck, i just liked being in NY!!

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 12:43:19 PM »
i loved the walking tour!  the weather was perfect and our guide was fun :)  oh heck, i just liked being in NY!!

I enjoyed the tour too.  Maybe because I am an incurable history buff and that tour guide gave out too many nuggets of historical insight. 

Starresky, so for you are you deciding among Cardozo/Loyola-LA/USD at this point? 

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »

Do not worry, you will be there for three years as a law student and chances are you will be working in the city for a while after graduation. 

MarcoAurelio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 05:44:24 PM »
Did you meet Marco from California?  He's the only one I can think of that I met from there.  I hung with the may starters.  There were like 5 of us.

Thats me!

I loved it.  My choice was between Cardozo and Loyola.  After checking out the school and the neighborhood (and a wild night with Xony ;) ) I'm definitely going to Cardozo.  If anybody has any questions, feel free to email me: shadyguido at gmail dot com.  I'd be happy to answer any concerns about the school.  See you all there!

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 06:51:46 PM »
marco!!! you came on LSD!!  Yahoooooooooooooo!!  That was wild eh - sushi, philosophy, ghetto-ass deHirsch :)