Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Freeipods.com  (Read 587 times)

SoccerRon

• View Profile
Freeipods.com
« on: April 11, 2005, 01:18:34 AM »
Is this legit? Does anyone have any Freeipod link they would like me to register under?

How long does this take?

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Freeipods.com
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 02:43:21 AM »
It was on CNN and the local news so I guess it's legit.  I have an iPodShuffle account that you can sign up with (you only need three people to sign up to get the shuffle).  Here goes:

http://www.FreeiPodShuffle.com/?r=17236912

Thanks and gl

iknowvito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Please help me (and youself) get a free iPod!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 01:12:32 AM »
Here's an article from Wired magazine that says it's legit:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

CheezWhiz is goin for the ipod shuffle but you can click my link if you want the 20 gig.  It's in my signiture.

Thanks
Pass it on - free iPods right here: 
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14024616

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:59:54 AM »
I did the one for a free laptop.  I think the Ipod is fewer offers.

Had to sign up for a bunch of offers from various companies.  They had three pages of offers and you had to choose two from each.

**Word of caution**
Read the fine print and make sure you check out the last page.  The third page of offers only had 3 total (compared to the 20+ on the first two pages).  You had to sign up for 2 out of the 3.  Most of them involved paying shipping, but the catch was you had to cancel most of the offers before the trial period ended or you would have to pay up the $$.

Here is what I did.

Page 1
Two week free trial Blockbuster Online
Free Video Professor CDs ($8 shipping)

Page 2
Order $20 from some pet catalog
Free sample tooth whitening ($6 shipping)

Page 3
1 month Vonage broadband phone (around $60 sign up)

(The third was DirectTV  **too expensive for me)

In the end, I shelled out less than $100 and got a really nice Sony Vaio.  I am still using the Blockbuster Online and the Vonage....really like them both.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:00:54 AM »
What the heck is an ipod anyway? I see commercials and hear about it, but I still really don't know what it actually does.

iknowvito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Please help me (and youself) get a free iPod!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 11:53:59 AM »
I did the Blockbuster Online thing too and have definetely gotten my money's worth out of it.  I don't think they offer it anymore though.
Pass it on - free iPods right here: 
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14024616

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:51:01 PM »
With the iPodShuffle you only have to do one offer and have three people to do an offer.  The best one I've found is the one day trial for a forclosure auction.  It's only $3.00 (for a one day trial) and you can cancel the same day. I am thinking of paying three friends three dollars to sign up and do it.

Highway, An iPod is Apple's Mp3 player.  Mp3 players are like electronic Walkmans.  They play music files from your computer without moving parts so you can run walk or jog with them without skipping or poor sound quality.  The key feature of Apple's iPod is that it formats your music files into their format so that you can fit THOUSANDS of file on one iPod.

The iPod Shuffle can only about 250 songs on 1 gig of space... BUT it's about the size of a pack of gum.

ormachea

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 02:23:38 PM »
Aside from the shuffle, all the iPods do have moving parts--it's a hard drive and has to spin.

That said, I love my iPod (Damn me not having the money for something bigger than a mini though).

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 01:19:09 PM »
I had asked a bunch of my friends to sign up under my free ipod accounts, but the dumbest of them (an art teacher who got her "masters" in less than a year through a total scamtastic diploma mill), told everyone that it was a scam so no one would do it.  Despite the links I provided and personal testimony from another friend, I never got the last three people to sign up for anything.  It sucks!

thefaceman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 01:24:01 PM »
What the heck is an ipod anyway? I see commercials and hear about it, but I still really don't know what it actually does.

A sort of pod that stores things begining with the letter I.  Personally, I'm waiting for the Jpods to come out later this year.
But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.