Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those attending Florida Law Schools - What do you think?  (Read 397 times)

goingtomiami

• View Profile
For those attending Florida Law Schools - What do you think?
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »
I thought the Socratic Method was all about forcing you to think on your feet and forcing you to think from a different perspective.

Read:

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/050323freedom.php

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
Re: For those attending Florida Law Schools - What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 01:21:45 AM »
I thought the Socratic Method was all about forcing you to think on your feet and forcing you to think from a different perspective.

Awesome!  This is great news!  For all those that worry that the future market for lawyers may be tight, this is one more example that proves you should worry no more!

I can't wait to leave this craphole state.  I mean the weather's great, but I'm so over this Banana Republic shite.

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 02:06:34 AM »
Maybe this is in "response" to controversy started by Ward Churchill months ago....

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 09:58:01 AM »
The controversy surrounding Ward Churchill was created by the media.  I think it is so funny how a guy like Ward Churchill can get on stage, crap in people's ears and all of the sudden all tenured profs are liberal windbags.  I remember just after the Churchill buzz started, the bankruptcy bill was being discussed on the floor of the senate.  A harvard professor had performed  a study that revealed almost half of all bankruptcy cases are due to medical costs.  Jeff Sessions of AL said "i guess b/c she has tenure, she can say whatever she wants."  Wow. 

I have heard about this bill for sometime. The College Republicans were really pushing it on my campus in Georgia.  I hope that I go to a florida law school full of the right wingers that support this bill.  If their intellect is so fragile that they need legislation like this to protect their myopic understanding of reality, I will certainly whip their a**es in school.

If that wasn't liberal elitism, I don't know what is.
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481