Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: laptop  (Read 474 times)

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
laptop
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:45:44 PM »
what is the probability that i will need to use a laptop if i attend any of the following schools-cardozo,st. johns, hofstra , brooklyn?

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
Re: laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 12:05:27 AM »
WIth my limited knowledge of anything, here's what i think...

you will be traveling a lot if you go to Cardoza (i live in NYC, so i know where doza is and that you will not be living close to there most likely), so you may very well need a laptop.
You will probably be able to find housing close to the other three, so you may not need the laptop.

I, however, would not go to law school at all without a laptop because you never know when you will need to get out of the apartment in order to get some studying done. I also heard that it is best to transfer your notes from class to your outline (on computer of course) immediately after class. A laptop would allow you to do this. I assume you are thinking  about a desktop, but i would suggest a laptop. And of course they are soooo cheap now. I just helped my friend buy a new dell laptop (stop laughing) for under 1000, and it was a pretty good notebook. light, nice processor, lotsa RAM.

Anyhoe, hope that helps even a little.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »
Thanx so much. Also, do you know what programs might be important to get along with the laptop?

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 02:34:05 PM »
please people give me some advice.

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »
I would just stick with the basics, windows, etc. When you make up your mind what school you are going to attend- call the admissions office and ask what they rec or ask for their tech/computer services department...I am sure they can help you out. Sorry that i can's be of more help...I only know the basics!
Attending: Brooklyn

ASNetlenov

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:31:08 PM »
The fancier the laptop, the more likely it will be a distraction...