Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale, finally, and my 250  (Read 3941 times)

racheles05

Re: Yale, finally, and my 250
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 08:59:19 PM »
I've always wanted a 20-year-old cabana boy serving me Manhattans while I inhale the salty sea air in a lavish hacienda on the Baja peninsula, but I digress.

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 12:29:14 AM »
I'm sure you made it very difficult for Yale to make their decision. I was pulling for you. But good luck at FSU next year!

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 11:55:44 AM »
Great PS.  Don't feel bad, nobody gets into Yale!  Nobody!  They actually don't have classes or students.  They have hired actors to look like they go there.  It's all a front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it.

JRG83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 03:20:05 PM »
great ps!  no wonder they took so long deciding.

speaking of taking long to decide, they have had my app (complete) since end of october, and still no word.  i called the admissions office today, though, and they said "still no decision, but it should be going out this week."  i'm guessing that means a rejection letter is coming my way, or else she would have made reference to a call, not a letter.  hmm.  either way, i'll know soon!

racheles05

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 06:44:05 PM »
I'm sure you made it very difficult for Yale to make their decision. I was pulling for you. But good luck at FSU next year!

Thanks, BigTex. Sorry to disappoint but I'm going to have a great time at FSU!

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 10:22:31 PM »

Thanks, BigTex. Sorry to disappoint but I'm going to have a great time at FSU!

No disappointment at all. I knew Yale had something special on their hands when i read your Yale 250 a couple months ago. I think you're going to do great in law school. Good luck!

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 10:12:10 AM »
Ironically, my parents are anything but proud of me. That's an entirely different story, though.

I didn't understand why my parents were disappointed in me until I had kids of my own.  Another mitzvah awaits you, my dear.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 10:33:56 AM »
Ironically, my parents are anything but proud of me. That's an entirely different story, though.

I didn't understand why my parents were disappointed in me until I had kids of my own.  Another mitzvah awaits you, my dear.

hmmmm ... this post seems both depressing and uninformative. I don't understand how any parent could be disappointed in his/her child going to law school. If you're saying that you can understand/empathize with such disappointment in a child's ambition to attend law school, i am both confused and dismayed.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

hmmmm ... this post seems both depressing and uninformative. I don't understand how any parent could be disappointed in his/her child going to law school. If you're saying that you can understand/empathize with such disappointment in a child's ambition to attend law school, i am both confused and dismayed.

Get over it, Tex.  Getting confused and dismayed on LSD is a total waste of your precious emotions.  What I meant is when you have a child you have so many high hopes, dreams, aspirations, etc.  Her parents may be completely unwarranted in their feelings of disappointment, but until she has a child of her own, she won't understand why they pinned such high hopes on her.  Maybe they hoped she'd be a great sculptor or astronaut, or maybe they hoped she'd be married by now to a doctor or lawyer and be a stay at home mom?  Who knows?  They have their reasons, right or wrong.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 12:14:22 PM »

Get over it, Tex.  Getting confused and dismayed on LSD is a total waste of your precious emotions.  What I meant is when you have a child you have so many high hopes, dreams, aspirations, etc.  Her parents may be completely unwarranted in their feelings of disappointment, but until she has a child of her own, she won't understand why they pinned such high hopes on her.  Maybe they hoped she'd be a great sculptor or astronaut, or maybe they hoped she'd be married by now to a doctor or lawyer and be a stay at home mom?  Who knows?  They have their reasons, right or wrong.

You seem to be describing parents who attempt to re-live their own lives through the lives of their children. I think your blanket statement of "you will understand such disappointment one day" is overstated. Not everyone engages in the poor parenting practice of attempting regain their own lost glory through the lives of their children.