Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Washington U in St. Louis drops from #20 to #24  (Read 506 times)

SeattleBlues

• View Profile
Washington U in St. Louis drops from #20 to #24
« on: April 10, 2005, 04:33:55 PM »
Anyone have a sense as to why Washington U in St. Louis dropped so far in the U.S. News latest rankings that came out last week? I've been accepted, but am now having second thoughts.

Thanks.

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
Re: Washington U in St. Louis drops from #20 to #24
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Its basically a matter of not improving quickly enough.  The were tied with GW and I think ND for 20 last year, and although all of the pertinent stats for wash u increased this year they did not increase as quickly as the schools in the 20-23 spots now.  That being said, the dean at wash u is really hopeful to shoot back up into position next year because apparently the class of 2004 had an amazing employment rate that won't be figured into the rankings until next year.  Besides, all of the schools in the 20s shuffle around a lot so a couple rankings spots dont really matter over the course of three years.
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

ASNetlenov

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »
I think that long term that Wash U will continue to climb because the school has serious resources. Look what they have done with their undergrad and med schools.

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:33:13 PM »
Anyone have a sense as to why Washington U in St. Louis dropped so far in the U.S. News latest rankings that came out last week? I've been accepted, but am now having second thoughts.

Thanks.

OMG.  if dropping 4 spots worries you you have problems.  deal with it.  the school isn't any different today than it was a month ago.