Law School Discussion

Senioritis--Who has it and how bad?

ormachea

Re: Senioritis--Who has it and how bad?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2005, 12:22:57 PM »
Nah. Senioritis didn't carry over for me when I was done with high school. I'm just feeling so done with this here and now; I can't wait to get to the next step.

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2005, 02:14:56 PM »
Ok, college is a sham. . .no way should you be able to show up for 1/3 of the classes, play on the internet when you actually do, spend 5 mintues before a midterm sifting throught the 200 page reader and 600 page book for the course and ace the midterm. . . .in fact I aced all my midterms, with the same formula. . . .something seems desperately wrong with the college experience. All this at Berkeley no less. I'm taking 22 units this semester (graduated in 3 years) and have never been so lazy in all my life. After UCLA's acceptance came, I was done, I wonder if class is still going on. . .anyhow a well deserved break. . .then when summer comes, I'll start prepping for law school. . . until then, can we have the final tomorrow? It's cool, really. . .

ormachea

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2005, 03:33:43 PM »
Ah. Now try doing that while holding a practically full-time job and juggling having to go from Austin to Houston (3 hr drive) to help you mom take care of your 3 other brothers

Re: Seniorities--Who has it and how bad?
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2005, 08:58:54 PM »
zMe too. I just can't motivate myself to do anything in school, I'll skip class to watch TV, go eat with my friends, sleep. Does it matter if your last semester grades are lower for law school purposes?

Seriously, does anyone know what they mean when they say your enrollment at X Law School is contingent upon you continuing to do well? How well do you have to do? I will graduate from a top tier school with a B.A. and a B.S. in two weeks but my grades this semester are horrible! I am going from an overall GPA of 3.58 to a 3.23 (if I am lucky). Has anyone ever heard of someone's acceptance being revoked? I am kinda freaked out! Should I call them? Help!

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2005, 10:12:35 PM »
zMe too. I just can't motivate myself to do anything in school, I'll skip class to watch TV, go eat with my friends, sleep. Does it matter if your last semester grades are lower for law school purposes?

Seriously, does anyone know what they mean when they say your enrollment at X Law School is contingent upon you continuing to do well? How well do you have to do? I will graduate from a top tier school with a B.A. and a B.S. in two weeks but my grades this semester are horrible! I am going from an overall GPA of 3.58 to a 3.23 (if I am lucky). Has anyone ever heard of someone's acceptance being revoked? I am kinda freaked out! Should I call them? Help!

That's a major drop in your GPA in just one semester. I would call the law school  and maybe hint that you're having a rough semester just to make sure that you're going to be OK

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2005, 08:39:40 AM »

That's a major drop in your GPA in just one semester. I would call the law school  and maybe hint that you're having a rough semester just to make sure that you're going to be OK

Only a couple of the schools I was accepted to actually said something about continuing to perform the same. Not the ones I put a deposit down at. In my case, I figured out that if I make all Cs (which I'm not, I was figuring out the worst case scenario), my GPA would drop about .1 and I can live with that and I don't think that would really matter to the law schools.

ormachea

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2005, 10:22:27 AM »
As long as you graduate and don't fail any of the classes, nothing will materially have changed. You'll be fine.

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2005, 11:23:30 AM »
Although I've graduated, I have senioritis at work. I've got 5 weeks before I put in my 3 week notice and then I'm just going to chill, get sh*tfaced, and live it up before LS.

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2005, 11:46:24 AM »
Only one more final to go!  It's down to the last stretch, can I hang onto summa cum laude... probably not, but, hey, magna cum laude here I come!

ormachea

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
Summa cum laude is overrated--if they let me slide out of it, than it obviously can't be too accurate.  ;)