Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still Haven't Heard Back from Northeastern, UNC, and GW!  (Read 589 times)

BAFF213

Still Haven't Heard Back from Northeastern, UNC, and GW!
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:09:25 AM »
This is ridiculous - I have seat deposit deadlines due in a couple of days and I still haven't heard back from these three school (unless they sent a letter to my house and my parents misplaced it, which is not entirely implausible).

I think I'm going to call all three schools on Monday, but I'm not sure if they typically let you know via phone call if you call them.  I know they will probably tell you if you were accepted (I've heard of this happening), but if you're rejected, I'm not sure if they would (how awkward would they feel saying that over the phone?).  As a result of this, my dad suggested I call and ask them to email me the decision, which didn't sound like a bad idea either - that way I can get the decision ASAP and they won't have to tell me over the phone.

I'm going to check my mail on Monday, and if there's nothing there, then I'll call.  What do you guys think I should do?  My top choices are UConn and Northeastern.  Should I put down a seat deposit at another school (i.e. Suffolk)?  Should I tell Northeastern, UNC, and GW that I have seat deposit deadlines that are rapidly approaching and that's why I need to know?

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: Still Haven't Heard Back from Northeastern, UNC, and GW!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:03:57 PM »
Hell yes you should put down seat deposits.  You never pass up a chance to attend a school if you haven't heard back from your other choices.  You never know what the situation is, and you don't want to be left out.  And trust me I know how you feel.  I sent in my $200 deposit for GW on Friday and I haven't heard from 5 schools.  If push comes to shove I may have to cough up another $800 in June. 
Attending: GW

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 04:15:55 PM »
you could always ask the school if they would be able to e-mail your official e-mail address more info than they will divulge over the phone.
(163+172)/3.5

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 04:28:52 PM »
GW just seems to be way behind...I was complete there in January and just heard from them a couple of days ago.  As for Northeastern a good friend of mine had the same problem with them last year.  Go ahead and give them a call and see how much info you can get out of them.  Good luck.
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

waiterlawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 02:17:35 PM »
I am in the same boat.  I got accepted to a few schools while being waitlisted or not hearing from the rest.  I put a $200 deposit down knowing that if I get into a school I'd rather go to I will just stomach the loss.  It's $200 but when u think about all the money already spent on tests, applications, possibly prep-courses, lsac fees, books, etc., another $200 is a drop in the bucket. 

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »
GW just seems to be way behind...I was complete there in January and just heard from them a couple of days ago.  As for Northeastern a good friend of mine had the same problem with them last year.  Go ahead and give them a call and see how much info you can get out of them.  Good luck.

why do you sposse you were rejected from GW? That is a very strong lsat for a rejection!
(163+172)/3.5