Law School Discussion

$$ at U of San Diego

$$ at U of San Diego
« on: April 10, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
So today I got a letter saying that I got a $17,000 merit scholarship at USD...would it be possible to show this to Loyola (LA) and see if they will think about giving me some money.  I really want to go to Loyola, but if somebody is going to give me 17K then I might not be able to.

Any suggestions?

shortckt

• Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
Re: $$ at U of San Diego
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 11:52:18 AM »
So today I got a letter saying that I got a $17,000 merit scholarship at USD...would it be possible to show this to Loyola (LA) and see if they will think about giving me some money.  I really want to go to Loyola, but if somebody is going to give me 17K then I might not be able to.

Any suggestions?

Seems like it wouldn't hurt to try.  Write a very nice letter stating that you really want to attend Loyola, but money is an issue and USD has generously offered me this $$.  Say that it's tough to pass up a nice scholarship$$, and would Loyola consider offering any also?

What do you have to lose?  YOu are already in at both schools.  I think others have tried this with some degrees of success. Search the forum.  Good Luck, and congrats on the $$.

Re: $$ at U of San Diego
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »
i did this exact same thing, money from tier 1 school...wrote a nice letter to loyola...didnt work, but ofcourse you can still try...