Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools with bad names  (Read 5654 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Schools with bad names
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2005, 10:00:17 PM »
Laneswerver - is that Charles Nelson Reilly?

Oh yes. The one and only.

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2005, 12:21:44 AM »
I wish i was watching Match Game PM right now.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2005, 12:22:49 AM »
I wish i was watching Match Game PM right now.

Resist the urge.

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2005, 01:30:25 AM »
Funny stuff here.
I personally think some schools need to rethink their mascot names.

South Carolina GAME COCKS!
I was watching their football game one day and all the female cheer leaders had GAME COCKS written on their uniform bottom under their skirts!

USC TROJANS! - condoms anyone?

Oregan or Oregan St (I can't remeber which) BEAVERS?

VA Tech Hoakies (It's a freaking Turkey!)

UVA Cavaliers - too wussie sounding

Texan A&M Aggies - What the hell is an AGGIE?

Alabama Crimson Tide - It's basically deadly algae, and why do they use a picture of an elephant?

Delaware - Fighting Hens, wooooo scary!

Purdue Boilermakers - Hmmm, makes me think of that drink.

UNC Tarhills - Just weird.  And why Use a Ram?  Some political history, I think...

Wake Forrest Deamon Deacons - Oxymoron, isn't it?

Seriously, who made up this stuff?

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2005, 01:47:01 AM »
Funny stuff here.
I personally think some schools need to rethink their mascot names.

South Carolina GAME COCKS!
I was watching their football game one day and all the female cheer leaders had GAME COCKS written on their uniform bottom under their skirts!

Oregan or Oregan St (I can't remeber which) BEAVERS?

Seriously, who made up this stuff?

Oregon State are the Beavers.

And the Cheerleaders are really pulling (for) those Game Cocks! :D
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2005, 01:54:31 AM »
USC

Who wants to be constantly reminded that they attended the "University of Second Choice", among other perversions of the USC acronym.

hahaha...among other possible acronyms. second choice, spoiled children, etc.
my personal favorite anti $C chant is "Three times the money, one-third the education!"

GO BEARS. we'll get 'em this year. We get 'em in Berkeley...it's Trojan whipping time.

That is a good one (three times the money...). Unfortunately, with these CA budget cuts, we may soon be left with just "three times the education". :(

A Bruin favorite is: "A Bruin is good forever; A Trojan is only good once." Usually printed on a t-shirt, with a condom wrapper beside it. Also, waiving money or your car keys whenever their band plays "Conquest" is good; the simple rythum of the song (so the band members can keep up?) makes it easy to get a steady waving motion going for such a purpose.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2005, 11:00:36 AM »
It's not a name, but the fact that "Hail to the Victor's" still includes the line "The Champions of the West" is right up there with Northwestern.

Indiana University Purdue (Purdon't) University-Indianapolis and Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne are both joint ventures of IU and PU.  Like, IU runs IUPUI's law school, med school, and business school, while Purdue runs the engineering and life science schools (or something like that).  Control of the two schools shifts based on how many students are enrolled in each of the programs of the two schools.  The marketing tagline for the two scools is "Why not both?" It is affectionatly know around the state as "Ooooo-eeee-Poo-eeee" (say it out loud), although the students hate that name.  Once on ESPN's Bottomline, IPFW was listed as IUPUI-IPFW.  Not only was ESPN contending that it was a regional campus of a regional campus of two different schools, and that there was up to five hypens in the college name (sometimes there's a hyphen between Indiana and Purdue, so it's "IU-PU-I", but not in the abbreviation), they made at least something people think there was a school called "Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis - Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne."  Nine words in the name of the college.  Now that both have Division I athletics, I think it's time for them to change the names.

It's odd though that IUPUI's law school is almost always refered to as "IU-Indy".  Good job, forgetting about the farmers from up north.  Just remember how to get from Bloomington to West Lafayette.  Go north until you smell it, then go west until you step in it.

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2005, 12:58:46 PM »
How about the Georgetown HOYAS... wtf?

I went there for undergrad and the explanation we got was that back in the day (last century) when we had one of the best football teams in the country.. the students would chant "Hoya Saxa".. which supposedly means "What Rocks!" .. One word is in latin and the other Greek.. both reuqired subjects back then.. still, what the hell is up with that?? and then the mascot is a Bulldog.. lame,... just lame...

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2005, 01:24:07 PM »
The UC Davis mascot is also the Aggies - I went there and I still don't really understand that - they use a picture of a horse...
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2005, 02:00:01 PM »
lol  :D
Wake Forest: Sounds like you are going into the forest to be trained by elves in Elfin law.