Law School Discussion

Is going to a 4th tier even worth it?

ilsox7

Re: Is going to a 4th tier even worth it?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2005, 08:31:28 PM »

tom ridge? good lord.

No matter what you think of his politics, he was a cabinet level person, which is impressive.

Trinitygunner

• That's my baby picture?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2005, 08:32:29 PM »
hahaha...yes. i meant Loyola Los angeles (hence, the acronym LA)

Good stuff, but I think Johnny C went to Loyola (CA).

Anyway, Thurgood Marshall went to Howard (Tier 3).

C2

Franz

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 08:38:39 PM »

tom ridge? good lord.

No matter what you think of his politics, he was a cabinet level person, which is impressive.

i am not impressed. 

chico

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2005, 08:53:28 PM »
Without condemning the concept of 'fourth-tier' (there are several 4th tier schools I would love to go to, such as U Maine and U Wyoming), one of those one your list has had some negative reviews. Cal Western in particular.

See

"I have never been more disgusted with an institution of higher education than I am with Cal Western. . ."

http://www.epinions.com/educ-review-62B2-1C5177AA-39CEBE78-prod6

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2005, 09:01:08 PM »
Geragos (Winona Ryder & Michael Jackson) went to Loyola as well.  His hourly rate is $500.  Not bad for a T2.  Also his brother/son graduated from a T4 (Southwestern).  Pretty sure they are making a decent salary.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 09:05:15 PM »
Well first off any cabinet level position, and being governor of one the nations largest states is very impressive.  Even if you think he is an idiot.  And secondly, isn't Penn State a tier 2 school now for all of those who worship US news?

DodgerLaw

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 09:06:37 PM »
Without condemning the concept of 'fourth-tier' (there are several 4th tier schools I would love to go to, such as U Maine and U Wyoming), one of those one your list has had some negative reviews. Cal Western in particular.

See

"I have never been more disgusted with an institution of higher education than I am with Cal Western. . ."

This is just one bitter person's opinion. Hardly enough to influence a decision.

Franz

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 09:07:55 PM »
Geragos (Winona Ryder & Michael Jackson) went to Loyola as well.  His hourly rate is $500.  Not bad for a T2.  Also his brother/son graduated from a T4 (Southwestern).  Pretty sure they are making a decent salary.

what did geragos do that was so great anyway?  he lost the peterson trial, couldn't even win a shoplifting case with ryder and he has a bad mustache.

Franz

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »

See

This is just one bitter person's opinion. Hardly enough to influence a decision.

yeah, that person didnt have a clue what he was getting into, but he makes some valid points about the school wanting to get rid of the bottom of the class and how the teaching methods at law school may leave a lot to be desired.

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »

what did geragos do that was so great anyway?  he lost the peterson trial, couldn't even win a shoplifting case with ryder and he has a bad mustache.

he got rich entertainers to part with their "hard earned" money.  plus, are'nt these people guilty anyways...