Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Asking for my money back  (Read 456 times)

EPH05

• View Profile
Asking for my money back
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:56:36 AM »
I have heard nothing from UNC - Chapel Hill and Fordham since I applied in November.  This isn't a real problem since I'm not considering either of these schools anymore.  Neverthelsess, I'm infuriated that I spent hours of my time and $150 just to mail them an application, wait almost half a year, and then withdraw.  Considering all of this is it out of line to just ask for my money back?  Can I also stick it to them and demand an apology? Has anyone else done this?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Asking for my money back
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 03:34:23 AM »
I have heard nothing from UNC - Chapel Hill and Fordham since I applied in November.  This isn't a real problem since I'm not considering either of these schools anymore.  Neverthelsess, I'm infuriated that I spent hours of my time and $150 just to mail them an application, wait almost half a year, and then withdraw.  Considering all of this is it out of line to just ask for my money back?  Can I also stick it to them and demand an apology? Has anyone else done this?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I tried this with a graduate program that didn't get back to me until 3 weeks after the deadline by which they were supposed to have decided.  They just emailed saying, essentially, "Sorry, your rejection was sent out last week" and ignored my comment about wanting my money back. 

I think you can't really ask for your money back until it's well after the deadline that they were supposed to give you an answer.