Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Virginia administrator addresses xoxo in speech to admitted students  (Read 1785 times)

WhoLetMyNigsOut

• View Profile
Some administrator menetioned xoxo in a speech at admitted students day.  He didn't say much else about it except that he has to make sure his 6 year-old can't access that site.  Oppress 'em young I guess.  Next he said he wasn't going to talk about rankings... then proceeded to name the categories (alumni approval? etc) where Virginia ranked first.  All the speeches were pure propaganda.

be10dwn

Re: Virginia administrator addresses xoxo in speech to admitted students
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:36:26 PM »
What the hell do you think an admitted student's day is other than propaganda?

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:14:08 AM »
Which school are you talking about?  University of Virginia, or another law school in Virginia?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 10:32:51 AM »
he's talking about UVA

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »
Oh, I C.

Strange.

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 01:59:07 AM »
Some administrator menetioned xoxo in a speech at admitted students day.  He didn't say much else about it except that he has to make sure his 6 year-old can't access that site.  Oppress 'em young I guess.  Next he said he wasn't going to talk about rankings... then proceeded to name the categories (alumni approval? etc) where Virginia ranked first.  All the speeches were pure propaganda.

I hope to god that the website reference wasn't the most interesting thing you took from that whole day.  And I completely disagree that all the speeches were pure propaganda.  They brag about the stuff they're good in -- duh.  Other than that, they were very well balanced presentations.

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 02:46:52 PM »
xoxo is a horrible board, but it does have one redeeming function. It proves to prospective law students that not everyone who goes to law school is honest and decent, and that there are a large number of racist, bigoted, and sexist people entering or considering entering the profession. Law schools admit candidates based on numbers and are thus pretty poor judges of character.

Maybe that's common sense, but the people at xoxo sure drive home the point.

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 10:21:32 PM »

XOXO is a perfect example of why lawyers are hated. It isn't the profession, it is the TYPE of person who decides to go to law school--pedantic jerks who overcompensate for inferiority complexes. While not all prospective law students have such attitudes, it seems like everyone on XOXO does.