Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First thing you'll buy when you make the big bucks?  (Read 5151 times)

Merc

Re: First thing you'll buy when you make the big bucks?
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »
About 20 acres outside the city where I can build a big old country house where my wife, my future kids, and my future adopted dogs can live.

YankyKitten

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 07:24:06 PM »
I'm going to buy a patio, that I can get to by french doors out of the dining room.  That is after I pay some bills off...

Chesperito

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - vvigil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »
Two things:

A refurbished "Tron" stand up arcade game.  Light cycles, spiders, tanks?  F'n A!

Also, a bad ass lowrider van, with a mural of myself on the side dressed up as an aztec warrior.  With a sound system on which I can play illegally loud mariachi music every where I go.

V

AubZamZam

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 09:51:02 PM »
I'm going to get a weekly housecleaning service, and buy some furniture that doesn't come from Ikea or craigslist!

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2005, 12:52:37 AM »
I'm going to get a weekly housecleaning service, and buy some furniture that doesn't come from Ikea or craigslist!

hey, don't hate on craigslist goodies

kbarton2nd

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2005, 12:57:06 AM »
a new pair of socks to wear everyday (i will, of course, donate them after that)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 09:40:44 PM »
just remember this piece of sage advice passed on to me by my roomates dad (CEO of a fortune 1000 corporation)...

if it Floats, Flies, or F*cks, its better to rent it.

:)

this man's a damn genius i tells ya...

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2005, 10:20:42 AM »
I am going to hopefully get a house once I finish law school.  If that happens I am going to buy the most kick a** hot tub on the market and build myself a bar, stock it with Crown, JD and Corona and jam out to Jack Johnson songs all night.
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

voce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2005, 12:12:37 PM »
Hey akwolf, that's very generous -- he's going to have a sweet vacation on your bill! 

I'd buy an old VW convertible beetle (or perhaps a classic Mini) and fix it up (or pay someone to do it) and paint it bright red.  I'd rent a villa in the Caribbean and take my whole family there for a vacation.  Then I'd make fat donations to a bunch of radical groups to make myself feel better.
:) This is totally what I'm thinking. Since I (will) have the capacity to make the big bucks, why not do a little income transfer? I make the money from the people who have a lot of it and then pass it on to those who don't.

And...a small, beautiful house. I don't need anything big. I'm mostly looking forward to a dishwasher.
Attending: Harvard!
Accepted and withdrawn:Georgetown, Penn, Cornell, NYU, Boalt Hall, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Boston College, Fordham, Columbia
Rejected: Stanford, Yale

sunset1021

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2005, 02:23:40 PM »
I'm going to go TRAVEL (haha, if I can get the time off)...I wouldn't mind getting a couple jet ski's either.  Oh and I promised my mom I would buy her a Lexus  :D
"Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly."  -Langston Hughes