Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: First thing you'll buy when you make the big bucks?  (Read 5140 times)

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: First thing you'll buy when you make the big bucks?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »
I like driving. I bought a new civic that I've owned for 7 years, and I like driving it most of the time even though it is slow. If you've ever driven a sports car, the feeling of speed and power is fantastic, plus I love to corner quickly and my civic suspension isn't getting it done.
I guess the simplest analogy is that if you want to watch a movie, you can watch it on a 19" tv with the speakers in the TV, or you can have a 60" plasma with surround sound. You can watch a movie with either one, but if you really enjoy movies and have the money, you'll be watching it with the better picture and sound. Same with driving. If you don't really care about driving and just want to transport yourself, then it would make buying an expensive sports car worthless to you.

funkmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »
well i hope i will have the discipline to live frugally until i pay off all my loans... but i will probably splurge on something... maybe a nice condo while i'm saving up for a house.

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »
What is wrong with some of you negative people coming in here and telling everyone that they'll never make big money or that they shouldn't be concerned with buying things?  Jesus.  Can we ever just have a little fun without someone shitting their anger all over us?

I'm going to buy a house.  A sweet house.  And I'm going to be brilliantly wealthy and fabulously happy.  So there.  There's nothing all you negative nellies can say about it.
3.7/165.  How crazy to finally have real stats...

freshk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 08:28:17 PM »
Reading this thread, I am reassured that this country sucks. Ward Churchill has something to say.
I'll buy this a-hole a one way first class ticket to any location that has a non-market economy that he chooses.  After that I think I'll by myself a ski condo in Aspen or Park City.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2005, 08:33:49 PM »
Hey akwolf, that's very generous -- he's going to have a sweet vacation on your bill! 

I'd buy an old VW convertible beetle (or perhaps a classic Mini) and fix it up (or pay someone to do it) and paint it bright red.  I'd rent a villa in the Caribbean and take my whole family there for a vacation.  Then I'd make fat donations to a bunch of radical groups to make myself feel better.

midwest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005, 11:05:05 PM »
1.  house
2.  Segway -- I'll be flying down the sidewalks in style
3.  fruit dehydrator

ormachea

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005, 04:06:56 PM »
Harrier jet! Vertical takeoff for a plane is where its at, baby!

mattn

• AOL Instant Messenger - talenos
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2005, 04:43:16 PM »
I would buy a woman.  Because, they're cheaper outright then if you just lease them for a while and then buy.

KODIAK

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »
My own NASCAR team

hey not you hey

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey. Not you. Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 05:35:32 PM »
some of you people are complete assholes.  why tell someone else that they aren't going to make any money or that they aren't going to have any nice things?  you don't know anything about them.  this is just an internet web board, you don't need to *&^% on someone else's parade here.

that said, I'll go Infinity G35 Coupe.  A nice time share in Mexico.  a cool condo perhaps.