Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall Admitted Students Day  (Read 992 times)

blaze.1

• yellow snow!
    • View Profile
Seton Hall Admitted Students Day
« on: April 08, 2005, 08:42:12 PM »
Did anyone else go to Seton Hall's Admitted Student's Day today?  What were your thoughts/concerns?

Here's my take:
The Dean and Assistant Dean seem nice and genuinely committed to the School's future.  Does anyone else feel an induced false sense of security about the program?  I dunno.  Maybe its my spider sense...

The Tort Professor was very interesting.  He gave a brief overview of what a tort is, and engaged the class in a healthy discussion about the nature of liability.  Good communicator and hopefully an actual example of what students will experience this Fall.

The tour of the school was ok.  Nothing spectacular, except for the large number of windows that allow for lots of sunshine (when the sun actually shines in Newark..)  The library seems a bit small for the twelve-hundred or so students that are currently enrolled there.  The building is quite nice though = )

Housing seems adequate, although a bit on the expensive side due to the School's proximity to Manhattan. 

And most of important of all, JOBS actually do exist during and after graduation.  The School seems to offer quite a few opportunities for externhips and clinics.  I don't know what a successful student might actually make in terms of salary because only 45% of graduates responded in the US News survey. 

What did you guys think?  Have you decided to go based on what you saw today? 
Attending: Temple

ccorsi

Re: Seton Hall Admitted Students Day
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:00:01 PM »
I didn't even apply to SH until late March so obviously I haven't been admitted yet.

I'd be interested in other's opinions as well though - so bump.

C2

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 10:11:07 PM »
While I didn't attend this week's event, I did visit the school last month.  If you scroll down far enough on my weblog (link in signature), you can find some pictures and my take on my visit.

Hope it helps a little! :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 12:49:11 AM »
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None