Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: davis!  (Read 806 times)

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
davis!
« on: April 08, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
yay!  got in after checking the online status today.  Ironically, I am at the coffee shop next to UC Hastings since i just sat in on a class and went on a tour (they wont give them after the 14th, so if i do get a good response from them, then this was my only chance to go).

really.  this has to be a good sign.  if hastings rejects me i think I am gonna hit this up:)
big. fat. manly.

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: davis!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 07:10:34 PM »
Hooray! That is so exciting. Have you visited Davis?
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 11:51:45 AM »
Congrats anner!
Looks like you have your Bay area option no matter what happens with Hastings.

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 12:22:02 PM »
yeh i am excited.  it is nice to know i got into one of the good uc's.  I flew to san fran yesterday for the dya, but since i didnt have a car i am thinking of checking out Davis in a couple weeks.  I don't really need to sit in on a class, but a walk around campus and talking to some students would be really helpful i think- so if any of you know someone at Davis, let me know. 

I just feel so lucky right now.  I was originally thinking i wouldnt even get into Loyola LA and now here i am waitlisted at Vanderbilt and USC.  Even the CHANCE of getting in makes me smile...  anyhow, no matter what happens I feel good about getting into such amazing schools:)

any of you know someone from davis? 

or how to find out the percentages of waitlist acceptees?
big. fat. manly.

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »
I actually went to Davis undergrad, so if you have any questions about the town, I'd be glad to help. I don't know any current Davis law students though.
Davis is just about as opposite from Hastings as possible. It very college town-ey - with a very liberal, laid back vibe, bicycles everywhere. The law building is older and a little stuffy, but I've heard they are doing renovations. It's a great school, and like I said feel free to ask me any questions...

ZildjianKX

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 01:52:30 PM »
I actually went to Davis undergrad, so if you have any questions about the town, I'd be glad to help. I don't know any current Davis law students though.
Davis is just about as opposite from Hastings as possible. It very college town-ey - with a very liberal, laid back vibe, bicycles everywhere. The law building is older and a little stuffy, but I've heard they are doing renovations. It's a great school, and like I said feel free to ask me any questions...

Hey, I'm a UCD alumni too, what year did you graduate?

Yeah, they are renovating the law building, but I really doubt anyone who attends next year will see much before they graduate other than construction noise... but who knows.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ZildjianKX
Accepted: Santa Clara (will attend 2005 FT), UOP
Waitlisted: University of Oregon, Lewis & Clark, Pepperdine, Loyla LA, UNLV
Rejected: USF, Davis

I am the king of waitlists!

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 10:36:19 PM »
eek.  construction is no good...

i am going to try to call again to see if i can get a tour.

any ideas on what i need to see or do when i am there?

ooo, and how hard is it to find a place to live?  I have a dog and was looking on craigslist for other cities (also just seeing what was there) to see if there was any housing that was labrador friendly, but davis is so small it isnt even ON there.  i mean, its rural, right?  so if there are cows and stuff, there has to be SOMEwhere that allows stupid, fat, dogs....
big. fat. manly.

rcunio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 04:06:54 PM »
Anner,

Look under Sacramento on craigslist.  Davis listings, the few there are, will be there.

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 12:04:20 AM »
Hey Zildjian, I graduated in 2001  :)
Yeah, look under Sacramento on Craigslist and then use "Davis" as one of your search terms. Housing in Davis is very cyclical because it is such a college town, so most students line up fall housing in the spring, around April or so. I'm not sure how dog friendly any of the places are, but I'm sure you could find something. I'd definitely recommend that you start looking soon, though.