Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IP Discussed in "Scientific American"  (Read 1847 times)

Hey Boo

• View Profile
IP Discussed in "Scientific American"
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:10:14 PM »
If anybody is interested, the magazine "Scientific American" has an article in the June 2004 issue that mentions a book coming out this fall outlining the nature of the patent system and the ramifications legislative acts concerning it. It's called "Innovation and its Discontents: How our Broken Patent System is Endangering Innovation and What to Do About it". Granted it's a one page article but it looks like there will be more to come on this topic and it could be an interesting glimpse into what those who are interested in IP law might be facing in  the future.

Incedentally (did I spell that right?), the authors are both economists.
Jack, please. I'm only an elected official here, I can't make decisions by myself!

HpnotiQ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: IP Discussed in "Scientific American"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:10:41 PM »
If anybody is interested, the magazine "Scientific American" has an article in the June 2004 issue that mentions a book coming out this fall outlining the nature of the patent system and the ramifications legislative acts concerning it. It's called "Innovation and its Discontents: How our Broken Patent System is Endangering Innovation and What to Do About it". Granted it's a one page article but it looks like there will be more to come on this topic and it could be an interesting glimpse into what those who are interested in IP law might be facing in  the future.

Incedentally (did I spell that right?), the authors are both economists.

Wow, good stuff, thanks for lookcing out.  Will need to get a copy of the article for my leisure reading.
Can you handle a double shot Incredible Hulk?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
this might also be good for RC practice, as SA articles bore the hell out of me.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Hey Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 07:38:34 PM »
HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!!!

So true, dsong! I think they bore the hell out of most people (except maybe geeks like me) In fact, I laughed out loud during one of my practice LSAT RC questions that was a rant on Agricultural Biotechnology and the very pathogen I happened to be working on at the time!!

Don't know if they lifted the article from SA, though.

lol :D
Jack, please. I'm only an elected official here, I can't make decisions by myself!

HpnotiQ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 10:01:32 PM »
HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!!!

So true, dsong! I think they bore the hell out of most people (except maybe geeks like me) In fact, I laughed out loud during one of my practice LSAT RC questions that was a rant on Agricultural Biotechnology and the very pathogen I happened to be working on at the time!!

Don't know if they lifted the article from SA, though.

lol :D

I have to agree, as a molecular biologist....those RC were easy...esp when they talk about simple biological theories.
Can you handle a double shot Incredible Hulk?