Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC  (Read 1498 times)

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
USC
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »
wow.  my first waitlist, but it ain't a bad one to not be rejected by outright.

it is funny though, you can so tell how schools send everything out in batches since a couple other people just received the same letter.   I am pretty happy about that cuz i am still waiting on hastings, and since i havent even gone to decision yet and a ton of people just got rejected, there is still hope.
phew.

I feel better though.  at least I am still in the game somewhat
big. fat. manly.

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: USC
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 01:33:29 PM »
I just got my waitlist notification in the mail today.  I don't know what to expect anymore.  It is so late in the game.
Attending: GW

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 03:55:34 PM »
yeh, i know what you mean about not knowing what to expect.  isn't it bizarre and RANDOM about who gets accepted where?  I was thinking it was all about numbers... but i REALLY don't think that is the case anymore. 

anyhow, i think it might be good they are hanging onto our apps- really- it means we are wanted, but there isnt space. yet.

whats your first choice?
big. fat. manly.

laestrella

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 08:00:19 AM »
My top choice is Stanford (but that is a super reach).  I called on Friday but they haven't made a decisioin yet.

Andie203

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT 167 GPA 3.71
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 11:50:32 AM »
I got mine yesterday as well.  I don't think I'll stay on it.  I'm already on waitlists at Georgetown and Notre Dame and I think I would choose either of those schools over USC.

Andrea
Attending:  NOTRE DAME
Accepted: IOWA, go Hawks (full tuition), Vanderbilt (10K), Wash & Lee (20K), Notre Dame (22.5K/yr)
Rejected: Duke, Michigan, Yale, Harvard  (Their loss)
Waitlisted: GULC (preferred), Penn, Cornell

laestrella

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 12:53:03 PM »
I don't think I'm going to stay on the waiting list either.  I would have only picked USC if I got money, but that's not happening.  And plus I still have a bunch of schools coming. Though, I don't know how strong my chances are of being accepted right away.  Waiting sucks.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 10:08:19 PM »
i am gonna stay on the waitlist. ya never know. if i was offered a seat it would be REALLY difficult to volunteer to add 100k debt to my education, but i would rather at least have the option.

it is wierd to me that hastings rejected me, then usc waitlisted me. such a random process....

Boehmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to Bull Mountain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 09:21:30 AM »
I received my WL letter yesterday.  I'm going to hold out as long as possible since USC has always been my #1 choice.  It just seems like this waiting game never ends.
LSAT: 164 CGPA: 3.68 LSN
Accepted: CU, Santa Clara, USD
Waitlisted: Pepperdine, USC (Deferred: ED)
Rejected: UCLA

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »
I should be withdrawing tomorrow, so I hope it helps one of you. I was planning to wait until next Monday at the lastest. I was planning to go to their admitted students day on Friday as I am an alum and I live in So Cal, but I am starting to be pretty sure.

Good luck for those hoping to go there.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 01:22:27 PM »
I should be withdrawing tomorrow, so I hope it helps one of you. I was planning to wait until next Monday at the lastest. I was planning to go to their admitted students day on Friday as I am an alum and I live in So Cal, but I am starting to be pretty sure.

Good luck for those hoping to go there.

where are you off to instead?