Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Really need some advice!  (Read 321 times)

frumpy123

• View Profile
Really need some advice!
« on: April 07, 2005, 06:17:59 PM »
So, pretty much I've narrowed down my choice to U of Illinois and Santa Clara University (also slightly considering U of San Diego).  U of Illinois is a significantly better school and in the latest rankings, Santa Clara moved from 93 to tier 3.  Appears to be a no brainer.  But, I'm from California and would like to work in California eventually, and apparently Santa Clara has a good reputation in that state (especially the bay area)?  I'm not sure what kind of law i want to do, but maybe family law or disabilities law...should that affect my decision?  If only i got into UC Davis (still havent heard back from them), my decision would be much easier.  Thanks!

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Really need some advice!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »
I dont know much about u of Illinois, but do you know where in California you want to work?  USD has a very good reputation in Southern California, esp in San Diego where it is the only major top 100 law schhol.  But if you want to stay up in the Bay area then Santa Clara would probably be better, but you do have a lot of higher ranked schools you are competing with up there.  i dont know when it comes to what kind of law you want to do if you should let that affect your decision as much, probably where you want to practice should be a deciding factor.  I sat next to a family law professor at USD during admit day and he seemed like a very frinedly, down to earth guy and had taught there for 30 years.  Anyway, good luck with your decision
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego