Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola L.A. Scholarships???  (Read 515 times)

jhoffa

• View Profile
    • Email
Loyola L.A. Scholarships???
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:41:19 PM »
I know there are a couple of threads floating around but just curious if anyone has received a definitive answer on how scholarships work with LLS?

I got my admissions letter last week with no financial aid but a seat deposit deadline of April 15th. All of their official literature says it comes with the admissions letter but posts on here indicate otherwise.

Surely it's not unreasonable to want to know my financial situation before committing to the school???

Or does this just mean I didn't get a scholarship? No response to my queries at LLS to this effect.

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loyola L.A. Scholarships???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:07:30 PM »
I just recived my financial information from Loyola on Saturday (all loans, bummer) and ive heard that they were sending out most of them last week.  I heard some people asked the finanical iad office if they got scholarships and they were able to tell them based on the ss number.  Or otherwise, try to talk to the director or something and let them know that you cannot make an informed decision on attending there without knowing your financial elgibility.  they should understand that, with the seat deposit deadline looming
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

thelawmantis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »
you should get your fin. aid information soon but I would call the office and ask - they should tell you.

What are your numbers? that will be key to determining if you get a scholarship.

danno51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 03:43:41 PM »
starresky,
Did you contact Loyola about matching scholarships and have you heard anything yet?  I guess time is ticking, one more week before the deposits are due. 
jhoffa- Are u going to Loyola regardless and if not what other schools are u considering?

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
tag
3.4ish, mid-160's
Accepted: UCLA, Loyola (Los Angeles)
Rejected: USC (whatever!)

*YAY!!!!!!!!*

danno51

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:24:45 PM »
Well good luck, hopefully Loyola comes back with a matching offer for you, and really soon so you can send in your deposit on time.  i decided not to try to ask Loyola to match because i think i would probably go to san Diego anyway even if they matched it, i am probably sending in my deposit tomorrow