Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loan Info  (Read 550 times)

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Loan Info
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:37:39 PM »
When do you find out about your loan package (not aid from the school, but the loans you qualify according to your FAFSA you filled out)

I filled mine out end of Feb, before priority deadline.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Loan Info
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 12:43:32 PM »
The financial award letter comes directly from the school- It lists the Stafford loans if you qualify for them when you filled out the FAFSA

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 12:45:13 PM »
Whatabout the other loans you might take out...does it mention those also? Sorry, I don't know much about fin-aid.  :P

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:46:08 PM »
You should get an award letter from each school you were accepted to that includes any schoarlship packages, federal stafford loans you qualified for, and the amount you need to get in private loans, along with the school's preferred lenders.  i have been getting them trickling in the past few weeks and i believe i submitted my FAFSA in mid February, but if you call the individual school, they could probably tell you more.
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:54:51 PM »
Whatabout the other loans you might take out...does it mention those also? Sorry, I don't know much about fin-aid.  :P

Generally, it has the what the budget is for the year. After any scholarships/ grants/ stafford loans are deducted, it then has a private loan amount that you are eligible for. At most schools, you have a list of lenders to choose from for the private loan

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:02:35 PM »
What if you're bad like me and haven't filed your FAFSA yet (much less your taxes).  I'm pretty sure all I'm eligible for is Stafford and private loans anyway.
Fed gov't atty

joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »
Same here.  No WAY am I getting any need-based grants. My taxes this year are fairly complicated and I have not filed my FAFSA either.

What if you're bad like me and haven't filed your FAFSA yet (much less your taxes).  I'm pretty sure all I'm eligible for is Stafford and private loans anyway.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 03:06:26 AM »
I would just get the FAFSA filled out as soon as you can just to get the process going