Law School Discussion

University of Houston Soon-to-be 1Ls

law2b

Re: University of Houston Soon-to-be 1Ls
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2005, 01:46:18 PM »
this whole law school application process is such a test of patience, it's so frustrating to not have control over these things and just have to wait, argh! sorry, just venting!  >:(

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2005, 10:59:56 PM »
I enjoyed the mock class and talking to Dean R afterward. It was nice to speak with someone who recognized my firm and seemed to be impressed. I talked to her about getting sucked in to Bankruptcy law and now I'm afraid it's going to happen to me too. Today, I was actually excited about my work. Uh-oh.

Definitely going to UH. Met a lot of other married definites. It's nice to know other married people are going and don't expect their relationships to take a back seat or be lowest priority.

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2005, 04:32:59 PM »
Hi,

Iím brand new on this board, just happened to find it by accident.  Too bad I didnít look for it when I was preparing for the lsat or going through admissions, it could have been real helpful.

I will be attending the Houston law center this year as well (part-time though).   Itís great to see so many others here who plan to attend.

Btw, thanks for the links tracigu3.  That seems like some really valuable information.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 07:47:39 AM »
Zaphod- Welcome to the board!  As a part-time student you begin classes next month, right?  You must be very excited.

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2005, 09:37:57 PM »
Thanks tracigu3.   Yeah, part-time classes start end of May.  I agree, it is very exciting, looking forward to a new beginning. 

I wasnít able to attend the reception they had for admitted students, but we do have the orientation coming up in a couple of weeks.  Should be interesting to meet other folks from the part-time class, this will be the first time I will be attending evening classes.   I imagine its slightly older/more experienced people than that the full-time class, and also from a lot more diverse backgrounds. 

We will be taking two classes this summer.  The outlines and the help website are indeed helpful in giving an idea of what to expect.

BigTex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 10:12:43 AM »
Wow. I'm really going to miss the UH-Law library. I have so many fond memories of studying there during my undergrad at UH. I would also study out in the lounge area after the law library closed. Man - i loved that building and all the thick dense trees around it. What a wonderful place to study law.

where2g0

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 05:17:41 PM »
Wow. I'm really going to miss the UH-Law library. I have so many fond memories of studying there during my undergrad at UH. I would also study out in the lounge area after the law library closed. Man - i loved that building and all the thick dense trees around it. What a wonderful place to study law.

BigTex:  Did you really go to UH undergrad, or were you just adopted by a loving UH alumni?