Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Houston Soon-to-be 1Ls  (Read 2345 times)

law2b

• View Profile
Re: University of Houston Soon-to-be 1Ls
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2005, 03:46:18 PM »
this whole law school application process is such a test of patience, it's so frustrating to not have control over these things and just have to wait, argh! sorry, just venting!  >:(

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2005, 12:59:56 AM »
I enjoyed the mock class and talking to Dean R afterward. It was nice to speak with someone who recognized my firm and seemed to be impressed. I talked to her about getting sucked in to Bankruptcy law and now I'm afraid it's going to happen to me too. Today, I was actually excited about my work. Uh-oh.

Definitely going to UH. Met a lot of other married definites. It's nice to know other married people are going and don't expect their relationships to take a back seat or be lowest priority.

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2005, 06:32:59 PM »
Hi,

Iím brand new on this board, just happened to find it by accident.  Too bad I didnít look for it when I was preparing for the lsat or going through admissions, it could have been real helpful.

I will be attending the Houston law center this year as well (part-time though).   Itís great to see so many others here who plan to attend.

Btw, thanks for the links tracigu3.  That seems like some really valuable information.

Don't Panic

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 09:47:39 AM »
Zaphod- Welcome to the board!  As a part-time student you begin classes next month, right?  You must be very excited.

zaphod

• worst dressed sentient being in the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »
Thanks tracigu3.   Yeah, part-time classes start end of May.  I agree, it is very exciting, looking forward to a new beginning. 

I wasnít able to attend the reception they had for admitted students, but we do have the orientation coming up in a couple of weeks.  Should be interesting to meet other folks from the part-time class, this will be the first time I will be attending evening classes.   I imagine its slightly older/more experienced people than that the full-time class, and also from a lot more diverse backgrounds. 

We will be taking two classes this summer.  The outlines and the help website are indeed helpful in giving an idea of what to expect.
Don't Panic

BigTex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 12:12:43 PM »
Wow. I'm really going to miss the UH-Law library. I have so many fond memories of studying there during my undergrad at UH. I would also study out in the lounge area after the law library closed. Man - i loved that building and all the thick dense trees around it. What a wonderful place to study law.

where2g0

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »
Wow. I'm really going to miss the UH-Law library. I have so many fond memories of studying there during my undergrad at UH. I would also study out in the lounge area after the law library closed. Man - i loved that building and all the thick dense trees around it. What a wonderful place to study law.

BigTex:  Did you really go to UH undergrad, or were you just adopted by a loving UH alumni?