Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance  (Read 8582 times)

M2

Re: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2004, 12:19:11 AM »
I think anybody who needs to have someone prepare their tax returns should be
disallowed from law school.  If you can do your own, reseach IRS code, that should be enough toget you into law school.  The problem with the LSAT is that I am very poor under timed conditions, however at work, I constantly read through tax code like a children's book which is far more difficult than reading and analyzing prior cases, precidents, statutes, etc.

Turbotax is your friend.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2004, 12:34:37 AM »
I think anybody who needs to have someone prepare their tax returns should be
disallowed from law school.  If you can do your own, reseach IRS code, that should be enough toget you into law school.  The problem with the LSAT is that I am very poor under timed conditions, however at work, I constantly read through tax code like a children's book which is far more difficult than reading and analyzing prior cases, precidents, statutes, etc.

Turbotax is your friend.

Turbotax is ok for most people.  But I can tell you that lots of people still
feel more comfortable having someone else do it because they always get confused.

Turbotax has a lot of limits too.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2004, 04:36:26 PM »
According to law school officials, the LSAT is a much better predictor of law school success than GPA is. If anything, the LSAT should have even more weight, because comparing 2 GPAs is like comparing apples to oranges. Any moron can get a 4.0 in Communications from Joe Blow State U, but it may take a lot of work to get even a 3.0 in Elec. Eng. at a good school.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2004, 07:44:29 PM »
According to law school officials, the LSAT is a much better predictor of law school success

them thar is fightin' words...
I STRONGLY disagree.  Any idiot, take me, can learn this test. I was so afraid of it I just figured I was a bad test taker.  Just the posts on this forum alone, without even buying a book would have increased my score. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

christina

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2004, 04:58:36 PM »
I say just give everyone a baseball bat and let them duke it out on the test day. It'll be like Ultimate Fighting Championship, but it'll be called LSA-UFC. Who ever gets knocked out first gets a 120, and scores increase 5 points thereafter. The last person standing gets a 180, a free scholarship to Harvard, and a box of Oreos.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2004, 10:08:26 PM »
even if we cant elminate the test i think it should be given less weight- def not the 80% of theindex number it gets

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2004, 05:15:12 AM »
LSAT - Replace games with writing component.  Screw all your subjective arguments..  2/3 of the CA Bar is writing.  Deal with it. 

Weigh the admmissions process:

25% LSAT
25%  GPA
25%  Oral Interview  - your gonna need to talk to people even if you just want to fill out wills all day.  You may have to pursuade someone, oh my!
25% EC WE PS LORS, all that other crap that can make or break you. 

Done.

Send payment for professional services rendered to:

@#!* the LSAT Fund
100 Assfuck Street,
LSAC, Wyoming, 23465
ATTN: Last Student Attorney Test

Please don't send money DOWNY, It's just a joke.