Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance  (Read 8574 times)

TimZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 02:21:37 PM »
Good for you.
My 155 got me into the only school I applied for.  It's a test, people, it's only a test.

I suspect if I had studied in earnest instead of watching old movies while reading the study books I might have gotten a better score, but I didn't.

The reality is that I got a mediocre score that put me ahead of 67% of the people who took the test, got me into my school of choice and has started me on my way to becoming a lawyer.  Now my score is irrelevant.

To all those who got a higher score, congrats and I hope you get into the school of your choice.

jgruber

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2004, 02:37:38 PM »
Thanks.

I was talking to an old friend yesterday.  We've known each other for 40 years.  He went to Harvard LS and has been a lawyer for 25 years.  He works for someone who went to Temple.

My lawyer graduated from Vandy and has 27 years experience.  He recently ran for a judgeship.  He lost to someone who went to Nashville School of Law that I'm going to in the fall.  Part-time, night time program that until 1985 was called the YMCA Night Law School.

It ain't the school; it's the person going to the school that counts the most.

Good for you.
My 155 got me into the only school I applied for.  It's a test, people, it's only a test.

I suspect if I had studied in earnest instead of watching old movies while reading the study books I might have gotten a better score, but I didn't.

The reality is that I got a mediocre score that put me ahead of 67% of the people who took the test, got me into my school of choice and has started me on my way to becoming a lawyer.  Now my score is irrelevant.

To all those who got a higher score, congrats and I hope you get into the school of your choice.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2004, 04:36:49 PM »
Leave jeffjoe alone, guys.  You have to realize that older applicants often have families and ties to a particular geographic location.  They apply to a few schools in their area and are satisfied with going there.  People like jeffjoe don't have the liberty to move to any part of the country to pursue wild law school dreams.  They do what's safe and what works for them.  Jeffjoe's choice to attent law school at Nashville is not an indication that he could not have gotten into a better school.  So take your head out of you vain and self-centered ass and have some respect for your elders!

jgruber

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 04:43:39 PM »
Yeah, and I'm real old so you have to really respect me!   :D

Actually, my gpa and lsat would have gotten me into a number of lower tier schools.  If I was able to go for a higher rated school, I would have worked more seriously to prepare for the LSAT.  I might even have done better.   ;)

There were a few tier 4 schools that offered me scholarships based solely on my numbers.  And I didn't even apply to those schools.

But I know my LSAT is not great, so nada problem.

Leave jeffjoe alone, guys.  You have to realize that older applicants often have families and ties to a particular geographic location.  They apply to a few schools in their area and are satisfied with going there.  People like jeffjoe don't have the liberty to move to any part of the country to pursue wild law school dreams.  They do what's safe and what works for them.  Jeffjoe's choice to attent law school at Nashville is not an indication that he could not have gotten into a better school.  So take your head out of you vain and self-centered ass and have some respect for your elders!

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2004, 06:30:27 PM »
jeffjoe, why are you joejeff now?

;)

jgruber

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2004, 09:56:44 AM »
jeffjoe, why are you joejeff now?

;)

bored.... just watch what i change it to next

Bolero

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2004, 10:59:52 PM »
But I think the only realistic way you will ever get in a good law school is transfering after the first year.

I wouldn't say transferring is the answer in this case. In fact, I would not say one is wrong to postpone going to law school for one year so that he'll get to the school of his choice. It is true that the LSAT counts very little for transfer applicants and what is important is how you did in your first year. Yet, I would not apply to any law school that I could not foresee myself at. I mean, you can't go into a school assuming you'll be able to transfer out! There are no guarantees!

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 12:32:36 AM »
Hey people!  Focus!

I want some funny suggestions for what to replace the LSAT with... like the cutest-ass contest!  Where the hell has this thread gone?  Quit being so serious, you bunch of hosers!

I say.. that the biggest FLAMES FAN ON EARTH should be automatically admitted to Harvard, they need some diversity, eh?

Honestly...
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

ruskiegirl

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2004, 01:01:46 AM »
Hey people!  Focus!

I want some funny suggestions for what to replace the LSAT with... like the cutest-ass contest!  Where the hell has this thread gone?  Quit being so serious, you bunch of hosers!

I say.. that the biggest FLAMES FAN ON EARTH should be automatically admitted to Harvard, they need some diversity, eh?

Honestly...

I like that idea.  A lot. God, I'd kill to see the first day of class.  It would be national guard and protesting moms all over again!

jgruber

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2004, 10:04:14 AM »
Replace LSAT with a score based on the following:

Number of years living in the South

times

the number of years living in the North

divided by IQ

times the number of times you've been mistaken for John Laroguette