Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance  (Read 8722 times)

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
Re: LSAT Replacement - Here's Your Chance
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 11:53:05 AM »
I don't remember any games on my LSAT.  What is all this games talk?

DOWNY

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 08:54:24 PM »
When I took the LSAT I just drew pictures on the test booklet with crayons. You'd be amazed at the score you can get if you draw a picture of LTB getting it from behind by a herd of wild buffalos.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 09:00:01 PM »
I think beer-bonging and hookah-toking is far more appropriate. What better measure of tenacity, endurance, problem-solving (you know, those tweaked-out paranoid in class moments when you get called on and you have to keep yourself from saying something about how ripped you are) and steadfastness is there?
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 10:58:10 AM »
While I personally agree with most of the posters, wouldn't judging a person without some sort of standardized basis be very difficult.  Even if they reduced the amount of emphasis they place on it, we all know how some schools inflate grades, people can exaggerate ECs, etc.  In addition, studies have actually shown that your LSAT score is the best predictor of law school success. 

Thanks and Gig 'Em
Jason

jgruber

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »
The more subjective you make the process the easier it will be for some corruption to sneak in.  Personal preferences or prejudices would decide who is in and who is out.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 01:28:20 PM »
There's no good answer to this really; it's either a standardized test that is going to be really hard for some people and not measure their "true ability", or a subjective method based on things like essays, recommendations, writing samples or interviews; or a combination of these as we currently have. I mean the fact is, it is really hard to evaluate a person, based on numbers or anything else. How do you decide who is "better", "smarter", or "more motivated" than someone else? It all comes down to a matter of opinion.

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 11:31:06 PM »
I think it's like this... if you can kick butt on the LSAT that means you'll probably do well in law school.  If you bomb the LSAT you either have issues with test taking or you're just not cut out for law school.  Anything in between and you probably can't predict that much.

QS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 01:22:49 PM »
I'd replace the games section with anything else but games.

M2

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 02:00:58 PM »
I'd replace the games section with anything else but games.

I think it should be replaced with having to walk across hot coals.
Anything would be better

jgruber

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 04:29:59 PM »
I think any computer programmer with at least 15 years experience should be admitted to any law school they want with a full scholarship.