Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame -v- Tulane  (Read 492 times)

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Notre Dame -v- Tulane
« on: April 06, 2005, 04:41:37 PM »
I figured the cost would be roughly the same after scholarships, ND being a bit more expensive. I am most likely going to practice in Texas, but I want to keep my options open. I visted both and I felt that Tulane was a little more laid-back, New Orleans obviously more interesting than South Bend. which I liked. Anyone?

PS Yes, I know not to make my decision based on what strangers say on the internet, but I'm just looking for a new perspective.

khakieskimo

• View Profile
Re: Notre Dame -v- Tulane
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 06:30:55 PM »
First, both are great schools where you will surely gain a great legal education.

The reality is that in most, if not all, Top 50 law schools you will be taught the things one needs to know to be a technically sound attorney.

In regards to ND & Tulane, here are my thoughts. First, it is only fair to let you know that I will be attending ND this Fall.

When I was deciding on ND, these were some of the reasons that led me to choose ND for law.

1. I looked at their placement statistics. They place heavily in IL, CA, NY,MI, IN [perhaps other places too but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head]. For a school to place a significant % of their graduating class in those states, it surely means that the opportunities are there [that firms recruit @ ND]

2. Sorta on a similar idea as placement, ND is very much a National school. There are few places you can go where ND is not a recognized name. In terms of flexibility, a degree from ND will serve you well.

3. The alumni network is AMAZING. "Domers" are passionate about ND and would bend over backwards to help fellow Domers.

4. When I visited ND, I felt completely comfortable and at home. Everyone was SO friendly that it was hard to not fall in love with the place.

I actually looked at Tulane but decided not to apply. I wish I knew more about Tulane so I could draw some comparisons, but at the end of the day, you gotta think about what factors are most important to you and go with the school that will be the best fit. It also wouldn't hurt to visit and love the place and the school.

Good luck and congrats on both acceptances.

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Notre Dame -v- Tulane
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »
Thanks. I actually decided on ND about a week ago so I guess I'll see you in the fall!  :)