Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 80958 times)

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2005, 04:54:02 PM »
I didn't get into 10 of the 12 schools I applied to ug.  I actually saved all of my rejection letters to read "when I graduated from a top school."  It worked!  They kept me motivated until I transferred into a competitive school I was really happy with.  I have since lost them, but I want to find them, I'm hoping they'll have a similar effect for law school admissions. ;) 

I got 3 rejection letters of 10 UG apps. I was going to have a rejection letter bonfire barbecue with my HS classmates, but it didn't happen.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

adjoabee

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 11:16:55 AM »
I got rejected from Michigan...TWICE!  They keep sending me rejection letters!  I get the point!  Don't worry I won't show up!

that must be annoying! I will call them and thell them to stop if I were in your shoes

SkullTatt

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2005, 11:42:22 AM »
Yeah I had never gotten a rejection letter from any UG, or gradudate program for that matter. My first was the University of Texas School of Law.

I am keeping all my letters in a binder, good or bad. And I hate Texas.

bosco8440

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2005, 11:02:17 PM »
I got plenty of experience with rejections while applying to graduate schools last year -- Yale's rejection letter was especially impersonal.  It wasn't from the department to which I applied, nor was it even a letter, but an e-mail from the Dean of the entire Graduate School addressed to "Applicant".  I believe the grad student population at Yale is larger than the undergrad population.  For comparision, the program to which I applied probably gets 35 applications total and accepts maybe 5 people.  They couldn't write the letter themselves?  Or address me using my name? 

The Georgetown letter blows too.  But I already thought Dean Cornblatt was a pompous feminine hygiene product before I even applied and after watching his video on the GULC website.  Wear an undershirt; nobody wants to see your chest hair hainging out of your golf shirt.

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2005, 11:13:36 PM »
I know it's not a law school rejection, but I'm still smarting over my rejection to UCLA undergrad.  In addition to all the "many quilified applicants" crap, it (honsest to God) ended with the following (paraphrased of course):

"We have included a list of Community Colleges in your area, and would be happy to review your transfer application in two years time"

And, indeed, the included a list of all Community Colleges (with phone numbers and adresses) within a 100 mile radius.  Not only am I not good enough for their school, but, in their eyes, I'm not good enough for any 4-year institution!  However, they will be happy to take my money again in the future...

Isn't that because people who establish residency (which takes 2 years) have a far higher chance of being admitted?

It wasn't "We have included a list of Community Colleges in California so that you may gain residency" (I was already a resident, btw).

It was a list of Community Colleges near MY HOUSE.  They actally had to research that.  That's just painful.

??!?!?!  Bizarre.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2005, 11:23:38 PM »
Princeton Law School sent me a letter denying me admission before i even applied.

It said that they don't want to waste their time with losers like me.

anyways- i thought it was kinda mean to deny me before i even applied.

SCgrad

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2005, 01:19:18 AM »
I got plenty of experience with rejections while applying to graduate schools last year -- Yale's rejection letter was especially impersonal.  It wasn't from the department to which I applied, nor was it even a letter, but an e-mail from the Dean of the entire Graduate School addressed to "Applicant".  I believe the grad student population at Yale is larger than the undergrad population.  For comparision, the program to which I applied probably gets 35 applications total and accepts maybe 5 people.  They couldn't write the letter themselves?  Or address me using my name? 

That is rough, I would be pissed.

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2005, 05:29:11 AM »
It wasn't from the department to which I applied, nor was it even a letter, but an e-mail from the Dean of the entire Graduate School addressed to "Applicant".  I believe the grad student population at Yale is larger than the undergrad population.  For comparision, the program to which I applied probably gets 35 applications total and accepts maybe 5 people.  They couldn't write the letter themselves?  Or address me using my name? 

If you add up all the graduate and professional schools, they have more students than the undergrad college does. But individually, Yale College is much larger than any of the individual graduate or professional schools, including the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, whose Dean "wrote" the letter you I think you received. The grad school isn't very big, and certainly not big enough to justify the careless, impersonal treatment you received.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2005, 12:08:26 PM »
I got rejected by 10 of the 11 UG schools I applied to, and the one I was accepted at I actually got waitlisted at first  :P

The most obnoxious letter was definitely from UNC,

"Dear Applicant,

Some people just aren't good enough"

I agree arhodg, its fantastic motivation to keep those things around, I've still got all of mine.

I'm thinking of applying to UNC just for the hell of it, and then if I (presumably) get in, sending them a withdrawal letter saying "some schools just aren't good enough"

HLS '09

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2005, 01:22:01 PM »
I cannot believe UNC.  Do it jd!!!
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg