Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 80748 times)

carioca121

• View Profile
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 01:51:09 AM »
My vote goes to BC!

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »
well i cannot comment on my rejection letter from Villanova because for some reason i never got the letter in the mail!

I found out by emailing their admissions site to check my status and some lady who could not type or had very poor grammar told me i had been denied! :-\
HUSL 1L

waitingsucks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2005, 05:46:24 PM »
Not a rejection, but the W and L and UVA waitlist letters were similar, down to the "information sheets" that were, almost word for word, the same, including the snappY

Q: Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of admission?
A: Short of actually eliminating accepted students, no.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »
In May I got two rejection letters from UCLA on the same day.  One was the law school rejection, and the other was for the public interest program.  One letter would have obviously sufficed.

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2005, 08:50:20 AM »
Not a rejection, but the W and L and UVA waitlist letters were similar, down to the "information sheets" that were, almost word for word, the same, including the snappY

Q: Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of admission?
A: Short of actually eliminating accepted students, no.

Wow- thats totally obnoxious of them to put that in a rejection letter. They could've just said "The committee's decision is final- however re-applications are revewed without prejudice. Those applicants who are rejected in one class are likely to be rejected again if their application has not materially improved since being rejected." Or something to that effect..
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »
I had to laugh at the ones that praised me for my superior achievements or outstanding qualifications. Obviously, I'm not superior or outstanding enough. Reject me, but don't insult my intelligence too. I mean you're already basically telling me you don't think I'm smart enough for your school. Do you also think I'm not smart enough to pick up on your disingenuous bullsh-t.

Oh I loved those too. I remember getting one that said something like, "even though we cannot offer you admission, we were very impressed with your credentials." Not only is that disingenuous, it's borderline absurd.

I think part off the problem is they don't put too much thought into their rejection letters (hence all the bad wording people have alluded to on this thread)...
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2005, 02:54:44 PM »
after more than 10 reject letters, BC is far and away the worst.

cocky bastards... watch those rankings drop...
(163+172)/3.5

vandyhopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2005, 08:19:55 PM »
GEORGETOWN ::)

jeb240

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2005, 05:43:17 AM »
I know it's not a law school rejection, but I'm still smarting over my rejection to UCLA undergrad.  In addition to all the "many quilified applicants" crap, it (honsest to God) ended with the following (paraphrased of course):

"We have included a list of Community Colleges in your area, and would be happy to review your transfer application in two years time"

And, indeed, the included a list of all Community Colleges (with phone numbers and adresses) within a 100 mile radius.  Not only am I not good enough for their school, but, in their eyes, I'm not good enough for any 4-year institution!  However, they will be happy to take my money again in the future...

Wow, that's terribly intense.  I do intend to take the time to call up each school that rejects me, should I find their rejection insufficiently written, and explain it to them in detail.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2005, 10:23:02 AM »
I applied to Princeton for grad school, and the rejection letter was weird. it was like "we think you're smart and qualified, you just won't fit in at our school." I guess it wasn't nasty, it was just abrupt. I got it on valentines day in my email, i was tempted to send the guy a Valentine's Day Yahoo E-card.

I found out later Princeton is horrible for the program I was applying for, which I was kind of surprised to hear, but I guess they are more a liberal arts place.