Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 76953 times)

lsantos623

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 07:43:37 PM »

Boston Red Sox fans can be a vicious bunch when it comes to their team, but I don't think it's fair to write off a whole city worth of people based on what you witnessed at Fenway. And if you were rooting for anyone other than the Red Sox, any nastiness that was directed at you was well deserved... ;)

thank you for that littletanuki, as someone who grew up there my feelings were starting to hurt...

as far as rude rejection letters-i haven't seen one i like yet!
CLS or Boalt?????

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »
I know it's not a law school rejection, but Harvard's PhD rejection says "We know you must be disappointed."  Pompous fu*ks!

lcmatl

• View Profile
    • my stats
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2005, 01:16:14 PM »
Georgetown's is pretty obnoxious...very cold and dismissive. Stanford's is much nicer--so G-town can shove it.

klaw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
UC-Hastings had an a-hole one last year: "We are in the enviable position of having to reject many qualified applicants." This was after I was sent an e-mail acceptance and later told by letter that I had been rejected.

sorority girl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 04:29:25 PM »
BU = MA$$HOLE$

yankeeman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 06:35:44 PM »
Yeah, I think BC's went along these lines:

"We very much appreciate your applying to BC Law, etc., etc.  We believe that many applicants that are rejected from BC Law go on to successful careers in the law.  We hope that you can be one of them."

They can just eat me...how can they allude that if you don't get accepted to our school, you're probably not going on to have a successful career?  How about 'thanks, good luck' and that's it?  Ugh....

NOVAFU

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 09:36:37 AM »
My rejection from Maryland last year went something like this,

Thank you for your interest in Maryland(blah blah blah).  After a careful review of your
application, we believe that you should pursue other interests

Doh!

yrbadluck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 10:29:30 AM »
no offense but they dont call it BOOO!-ston for nothing.

Boston Red Sox fans can be a vicious bunch when it comes to their team, but I don't think it's fair to write off a whole city worth of people based on what you witnessed at Fenway. And if you were rooting for anyone other than the Red Sox, any nastiness that was directed at you was well deserved... ;)

thank you for that littletanuki, as someone who grew up there my feelings were starting to hurt...

as far as rude rejection letters-i haven't seen one i like yet!
In: brooklyn$, cardozo$$, depaul$, temple, usf$$, goldengate$$, tjsl$$, southwestern
out (donations): ucla, nyu
waiting: loyola +2

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:37 PM »
I think all rejection letters suck. I wish it would just be a piece of paper that says, "NO" and not a page of BS about how they have many qualified applicants and wish you good luck, blah, blah, blah. Like anyone is reading the letter and thinking, "Oh, well I feel much better knowing there were a lot of applicants. They wish me luck; that is REALLY nice." Please.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

sorority girl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 02:46:05 PM »
I'm all for the status checkers with one word decisions:  Accept, Waitlist, Defer, Denied.  We get the point.  And there is nothing worse than the status checkers that say, "a decision has been mailed."  I would much rather know the outcome - good, bad, or ugly.