Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 79535 times)

Eire

• Bruce IS my baby's daddy!!
    • View Profile
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 05:15:08 PM »
Ok guys to satisfy your curiosity here goes BU's. I'm paraphrasing cause I had to burn it out of spite

'we realize the committee's decision will be a disappointment to you but we have thoroughly reviewed your application and supplementary materials and regret that we cannot offer you a place....' ::)

LegalLady's explanation is better than mine!

ridenrj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »
MI resident rejected at U of Mich.

Not only did they reject me, they asked me to move... out of state.

DreaNM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 05:43:46 PM »
LOL rid - at least when UNM rejected me in-state (twice) they said I could stay and try for a third time - if I was stupid enough (alas, I am!)

Why they hate me?

DodgerLaw

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 06:04:14 PM »
Another vote for BU.

Maybe the Boston schools wrote their rejection letters before the Sox won the Series. It seems like all of Boston removed the stick from their collective ass after that.

I don't know about rejection letters, but -- pre-WS at least -- they are a bitter bunch. I visited Fenway Park last year on a baseball stadium road trip, and the attitudes of many Bostonians was just nasty. It took me longer to get into the spirit of the great Red Sox post-season than it would have before my visit.

Hopefully, they can keep that stick out of their ass for a while.

phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 06:43:26 PM »
I got rejected from Michigan...TWICE!  They keep sending me rejection letters!  I get the point!  Don't worry I won't show up!

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
Hahahah pheonix!
I'd say BC, because it was rude and it was my FIRST LETTER of any kind. I had gotten home from an international trip, and my Dad apolgetically handed it to me saying, "I'm sorry, I got excited for you...they said no."

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 02:56:07 PM »
I got rejected from Michigan...TWICE!  They keep sending me rejection letters!  I get the point!  Don't worry I won't show up!

:D
That is horrible.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 03:07:57 PM »

I don't know about rejection letters, but -- pre-WS at least -- they are a bitter bunch. I visited Fenway Park last year on a baseball stadium road trip, and the attitudes of many Bostonians was just nasty. It took me longer to get into the spirit of the great Red Sox post-season than it would have before my visit.

Hopefully, they can keep that stick out of their ass for a while.

Boston Red Sox fans can be a vicious bunch when it comes to their team, but I don't think it's fair to write off a whole city worth of people based on what you witnessed at Fenway.  And if you were rooting for anyone other than the Red Sox, any nastiness that was directed at you was well deserved... ;)

SMUkid2005

• SMU 21, TCU 10 ... BCS what Froggies?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SMU+STANG+005
    • View Profile
    • Fratty.Net
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 04:33:16 PM »
The rudest I got was SMU's ... the nicest was Wake Forest.

The SMU one came and was typed crookedly, and it was folded unevenly. Not that stuff like that matters, but still ... I was kind of shocked it was this blunt, this short, and looked put together the night before sending it out at 3 AM. Esp. sending it to their undergrad alums...

SMU's was this:

Mr. -------:

I am sorry, but your application for Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law has been denied. Each year, the number of applicants exceed the number of avaiable seats in the entering class and, as a result, many candidates must be denied admission. You can rest assured that the Admissions Committee reviewed your file carefully and thoroughly, though.

Thank you for interest and for applying to SMU. Good luck in your future educational or professional plans.

Sincerely,

Dean of Admissions
"You shouldn't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive." - Van Wilder

DreaNM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »
UNM's was equally bad, only shorter - as to their undergrads as well. I miss UNM undergrad, they were so much kinder and cuddlier.