Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 79469 times)

shubunk

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »
Come on, let us in on the hate.

I would also want to know what bc said

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2008, 08:15:08 PM »
I was reading this post, from beg. to end, and i have to say some of the comments :D :D :D :D :D on here made me laugh out loud...ridiculous..thanks.

dbourne

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
bump

i think this thread will be handy this late in the cycle

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2008, 09:08:09 PM »
I would say La Verne wins, they actually say "your denied" admission.  They winn in the most obnoxious rejection letter!

roma3o

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
University of Wisconsin definitely had an obnoxious one.  What made it bad was the incorrect grammar throughout the letter. I wanted to pepper it with red ink and send it back.  I guess maybe it's a good thing I'm not going there.

RockinJay

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »
I read this forum from beginning to end and I laughed my ass off!  Not that you got rejected, but by your responses.  Hahaha :-)

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »
im not surprised, but you know my la verne rejection letter was your favorite!

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2008, 12:55:16 AM »
I got a rejection letter from New York Law School that was about 1 paragraph and basically said

"You suck. You have no shot. Take a nap."

I think they are the most obnoxious law school in New York. They think they are on top of the world. I do not understand how I even got outright rejected from there considering I got wait listed at Hofstra and they are ranked 99. I Dunno, I think NYLS needs to come off its high horse and go back to sea world. Plus their admissions office is really obnoxious and rude. I tried to call once to find out about my application, I got sighs, rude behavior and a comment that went EXACTLY like this:

"I understand that you want to know fast about your stats, but you sent in your application ONLY 4 weeks ago SIR. I recommend you do not call back here for at least 3 weeks so that we have some TIME to look at your application. Please let us have the time to review your application appropriately." CLICK

I think it's a joke that they are allowed to talk to students like that. End.

SamE397

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »
LMAO when I saw the denied section of this board; I was kind of curious as to what was in it "If you're denied isn't that the end of the discussion?" Some of these things that schools have done are absolutely atrocious my favorite was ND rejecting the guy a week before the app was complete. I also found the idea of UofM sending multiple rejection letters to be priceless.   

So far, I've only gotten one rejection letter from George Mason I didn't pay much attention to it. I thought I'd be rejected there anyways and they reject everyone who they think wouldn't attend. Franklin Pierce's waitlist ouch now that hurt it wasn't meanly worded but god I was above their historical 75th percentile GPA and LSAT; I don't know maybe they're just not interested in people who can't take the patent bar.   

As far as U of M's undergrad goes I did a few years at WCC not because of academics but because of money I had at the time when I would of transfered between a 3.7-3.75 GPA and the advisor I spoke to seem to think I would have no problem getting in. Mind you U of M might have a certain number of seats assigned for qualified WCC students given it's in the same city.   

SplorkyFish

• U Chicago 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »

One happy day, I notified Stanford that I had been accepted at my ED school, and so I had to withdraw my application.

5 or 6 days later, I got a rejection letter from Stanford in the mail.  It was about four sentences long, and I don't think it was even fake-signed (not sure about that detail).  That didn't seem too classy, but I thought that maybe it was a mistake. Like, maybe they kept all the names of applicants in a database and automatically sent little letters to people when their name was taken off the list.

3 days after that, I got another one, just like the fist one.  Just to make sure I'd know that there had been no mistake.