Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 80867 times)

fauxsheesy

• AOL Instant Messenger - fauxsheesy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2006, 10:09:09 AM »
Where did you graduate from, if you don't mind my asking? That seems like an odd thing to say, especially since you're in at other schools.

It's an online school with a decent reputation.  I know that "online school" kinda carries less prestiege than a classroom with walls and desks but I'm a non-traditional student who had been working professionally for over four years before deciding to complete my bachelor degree.

Regardless, my undergrad is regionally accredited and approved by the dept. of education.  And like you said I AM in at other schools...  comparable schools even.  I wouldn't have even applied to IUB except they waived my app fee.  So I guess I'mm not too broken up about the whole denial...  I just think their delivery was ridiculously snooty.
90% GMU Bound
10% Waiting...

veg

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
Eh, accredited is accredited. If it's recognised by the dept of educ., I don't think they should be able to say your degree isn't acceptable to them.
That is snooty!

tired3L

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »
The most obnoxios I received were from USC and (a couple months later) from Pepperdine.

I swear I got my rejection letter from USC the same week I mailed it out!!!!  (Maybe they didn't want UCLA grads!)  I don't recall what it said --- but I was shocked at how fast it came!!

My rejection letter from Pepperdine was rediculess.  It mentioned that the school only admits students of the highest accademic standards!  What horse-poop!  I have a 3.87 GPA in a very difficult undergrad major!

Both of those schools cane ____ themselves!

watso059

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2007, 04:56:41 AM »
I got rejected from Michigan...TWICE!  They keep sending me rejection letters!  I get the point!  Don't worry I won't show up!

OMG!! made me laugh out loud  ;D
Yay (In): Samford, Stetson, Mercer, Miami, LSU$, South Texas$$, Jones$$, Barry$$, Cooley$$$
Boo (Dings): Tulane, UGA

Considering: Jones$, Cumberland, Mercer
Withdrawn: Barry, STCL, Cooley, LSU, FL Coastal, Miami, Stetson

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=watso059

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »
tag for later
UMiami c/o 2010

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
The UW rejection letter starts with "notwithstanding your personal and academic accomplishments" and goes into the whole too many qualified applicants spiel...

So basically as I read the letter I hear this. You were good enough, we put all the applications in one of those arcane bingo tumblers and pulled out 185 of them, sorry we didn't grab yours...

They do mention that they would be a happy to talk to you about future applications after May 1, so apparently they want to make sure the bingo tumbler is nice and full every year. The lady who answers the phones at there admissions office is mean as hell too, she just angrily directs you to the website like "How dare you call THE University of Washington School of Law Admissions Office, this phone is here so that I can order pizza and have phone sex with my boyfriend...goodbye (and burn in hell).
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
My UG rejection from Michigan was particularly obnoxious.

Something along the lines of "We don't feel you have the academic credentials to continue your education at the University of Michigan etc..."

I was like...um I have a 3.9 and a 1350 on the SAT...and you're telling me I'm not smart enough when you're probably accepting B or B- students from Michigan over me.  Who the #(%$@# do you think you are?

duchovnysfan

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2007, 01:28:31 AM »
They do mention that they would be a happy to talk to you about future applications after May 1, so apparently they want to make sure the bingo tumbler is nice and full every year. The lady who answers the phones at there admissions office is mean as hell too, she just angrily directs you to the website like "How dare you call THE University of Washington School of Law Admissions Office, this phone is here so that I can order pizza and have phone sex with my boyfriend...goodbye (and burn in hell).

That made me laugh so hard, it sadly makes me feel better about all the impending rejections I shall receive from the law schools.

Although I have to say Princeton UG was the nicest rejection letter I have ever received. NYU UG was the worst because I got the letter two days before the date on the letter. I got it on March 29,2003 and it was date April 1, 2003. I'm like that was cruel NYU, thanks for nothing!
Going to the big dance (accepted):
Not going to the big dance (rejected): Southwestern, McGeorge - University of the Pacific, GW, Loyola, USD, USC
Bubble teams (WL/Deferred):Whittier
Crowding around TV for Selection show (pending): UCLA, Pepperdine

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »
that is good stuff...

i cant believe people keep adding to this.  its the rejection not the wording that sucks.  deal with it, move on.

I think you are truly wrong on this. Based on your logic one could say that only the decision in Supreme Court rulings matter and that the opinions have nothing to do with the way that decision will be interpreted. Similarly, what if Congress passed laws without any details describing how those laws should be carried out? To say that the reasoning behind decisions does not matter is false. Don't be a male private part, if you can deal with arbitrary rejection that is fine but many of us want to know why. If anything, it shows our attention to detail and your lack of attention or care for your applications.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

SophistAKAted

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:58 PM »
Rejection letters HA! I don't even give them the time....I just scan the letter for "regret to inform" and give it to the dog to eat....