Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter  (Read 81442 times)

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Most Obnoxious Rejection Letter
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »
shell, i LOVE that one (from everyone's stories about it).

you mean there are successful lawyers out there who didn't go to BC?!  :o

no way!
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

*shell*

• Sr. Citizen
  • FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »
seriously!!
FSU Law Class of 2009!!!

almuhajaba

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
GULC's was extremely annoying...we "are unable to approve your application for admission to the Law Center..." yadda yadda yadda, go to hell, hy did you bother applying here, you are stupid.

:P

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »
definitely got my bc reject last week...forgot to mention that it's the EXACT SAME LETTER THEY SENT LAST CYCLE... wow.  at least come up with something interesting!  not just that same "many people who don't go to bc end up with successful careers" bs.

why dont you just take the hint and quit giving them money?  its impossible for a school to write a rejection letter that many people will like.

*shell*

• Sr. Citizen
  • FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
why don't i just take the hint?  well here are the possible answers for that:

1.  im reeeeeaaaaaaaally stupid
2.  i dont like money and try to get rid of it any way possible
3.  i wanted to help all the poor students at bc law by contributing in my own way.
or 4.  there was a problem with my apps last cycle and i didnt go complete until the middle of may...which is why im applying again and ignoring the rejections/closed app. letters i got last cycle.

take your pick.

ps:  the correct answer is 4.

definitely got my bc reject last week...forgot to mention that it's the EXACT SAME LETTER THEY SENT LAST CYCLE... wow.  at least come up with something interesting!  not just that same "many people who don't go to bc end up with successful careers" bs.

why dont you just take the hint and quit giving them money?  its impossible for a school to write a rejection letter that many people will like.
FSU Law Class of 2009!!!

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »
I don't understand the purpose of looking in a thread title "most obnoxious rejection letter" if the best you can contribute is "not everyone will like a rejection letter."

Perhaps you should waste your time elsewhere if itr will just get you in a tuff. ;)
I <3 AH.

john83

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »
I got the sweet rejection letter from my safety school when I applied last year.

They said "Your application for admission has been rejected."  There were two other lines and that was it.

this is the perfect rejection letter.

i hate that other generic-trying-to-make-you-feel-better crap.

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2006, 06:13:34 PM »
I don't understand the purpose of looking in a thread title "most obnoxious rejection letter" if the best you can contribute is "not everyone will like a rejection letter."

Perhaps you should waste your time elsewhere if itr will just get you in a tuff. ;)

i was looking for some interesting/rude letters.  all i found was people overreacting

ladylazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »
My rejection from Maryland last year went something like this,

Thank you for your interest in Maryland(blah blah blah).  After a careful review of your
application, we believe that you should pursue other interests

Doh!

This strikes me as a particularly horrible one because they didn't say other "schools", they said other "interests"... like you're obviously not good enough for law school AT ALL, get out now, loser!  :(

I've gotta say, the worst experience I've had with rejections thus far was last year when I was applying for PhD programs - my adviser called me into her office one day to warn me that I'd been rejected at the school I was already attending (I was getting my masters).  She was on the admissions committee, too.  I always wondered if it made her look bad, having everyone say that one of her own students wasn't good enough...  And then she explained to me why she why it had gone down the way it had and why I shouldn't have been all that surprised, and I was like... you couldn't have told me this stuff in OCTOBER?  *ahem*  Sorry, still a little bitter, even though it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. ;)

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2006, 11:36:52 PM »
GULC's was extremely annoying...we "are unable to approve your application for admission to the Law Center..." yadda yadda yadda, go to hell, hy did you bother applying here, you are stupid.

:P

I never got this phrase. If they can't approve your application, who can? How do I get in touch with those people? Could you foward my application to them? I demand answers!

:D :D :D :D :D
I <3 AH.