Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgia State is going to give me a brain tumor  (Read 656 times)

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Georgia State is going to give me a brain tumor
« on: April 06, 2005, 12:21:42 PM »
What the hell is going on in Atlanta?  I have been complete since Jan. 25.  I know that some of you folks have been complete since October so spare me the "Well I have been complete since _____ so stop your whining."  Sorry, but I see that all of the time. Whining is half the reason these boards exist anyways.  I don't see too many posts about Georgia State on this site so I am looking for those who have experience with the school.  I had to post something here.  I am so damn tired of checking the online GOSOLAR admissions page and seeing "Complete and Ready for Review"  The same thing, over and over and over and over.  I would at least hope that my app is in review at this point.  If these online things would change, even arbitrarily, it would be nice.
3.1  157
Accepted: Mercer, Stetson, Florida Coastal w/ $$$
A**holes: Georgia State 
Wait Listed: UGA,
Hold:  FSU

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rick8481

PresClay_00

Re: Georgia State is going to give me a brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:32:27 PM »
their first deposit was due April 1st, so maybe they'll speed up on the remaining apps now that they have more idea of where they stand (i didn't send mine in, so that's at least one extra spot.)  good luck.

blondielaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 01:38:24 PM »
My file there just changed to "decision made" today.  It's highly likely mine is a rejection though, as I don't have a great lsat score and I applied there rather late in the cycle.

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 01:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I am hoping that the passing of the seat deposit deadline will speed up the process.  My top pick, Florida State, placed me on Hold.  As a Georgia resident it would be hard for me to turn down 5k a year.  My fist year at FSU would cost me 27k.  The bottom line is that GSU is the only school that has not replied.  If I am going to move to ATL I need to know ASAP.  That is a big move for a small town south georgia guy like me.

Blondielaw, keep your head up.  I will proceded to follow my own advice.
3.1  157

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »
I'm sure you will find out soon whether or not you got in.  I had my app in by the end of October and they didn't make a decision on me until February, so they can be a little slow.  You'll probably get the letter before the status changes online, so stop obsessively checking it...although, if you're like me, you'll keep doing it anyway just because. 

If you do get in, there's a forum that's been started for admitted GSU students...you should check it out...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsulaw2008/

Hope that makes you feel a little better (by the way, I had very similar stats to you and I got in)...
Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA

rick8481

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm In!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:25:32 PM »
Phishie,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.  I would expect nothing less from a fan of one of the greatest bands ever.

R.I.P. Phish

3.1  157

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 04:22:27 PM »
If you get into GSU we'll have to hang out and go to a few jam band concerts in ATL, there are some new bands that are pretty cool...not Phish, but still pretty fun.

I'm definitely pulling for you now...Phish fans have to stick together  :)

Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA