Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW bound...  (Read 2769 times)

mwowowo

• 3.94/160 BS in Ecology 3 yrs. WE
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mwowowo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GW bound...
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 09:01:54 PM »
After sort of instigating this whole thing, I of course couldn't make it due to some extenuating circumstances (long story)....

We will definitely have to do this soon, however.  I was really looking forward to meeting some of you guys and I was disappointed I couldn't make it.  It is probably especially critical that us part-timers get together. We need to begin forming our support groups now...hehe...

Shall we revive this thread and try and plan something for next weekend or the following week?

^^bump
ATTENDING: GWU
In: GWU (PT), American (PT)
WL: G-Town (PT)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 09:44:22 PM »
I will be out of town this weekend but the following week would be great.
Attending GW in Fall '06

eileen2004

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 08:49:03 AM »

I think I'll take a pass this time.

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2005, 07:27:16 AM »
Eileen, I was there...got there at about 7:15 and wandered around like an idiot for 10-15 minutes until one of the other people eventually came up and asked if I was "GW-bound." We also met up with one more person, as well.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

eileen2004

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2005, 09:11:10 AM »
Eileen, I was there...got there at about 7:15 and wandered around like an idiot for 10-15 minutes until one of the other people eventually came up and asked if I was "GW-bound." We also met up with one more person, as well.

I'm glad it worked out.  The only reason I actually dragged myself over there was because I thought it would suck if you were there from out of town and the rest of us flaked on you.  You were probably arriving right as I was leaving. 

clunkey

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2005, 04:55:20 PM »
Hey guys
I am deciding between USC and GW, and waiting on waitlists from UCLA and Northwestern. I wasn't able to attend GW's weekend but I did attend USC's weekend and was impressed by their faculty. Did any of you guys go to the admit weekend and could you let me know your impression of the faculty at GW? I've sent in my $200 deposit, hopefully I will make a decision before the next $800 is due.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 01:57:30 AM »
Hey guys
I am deciding between USC and GW, and waiting on waitlists from UCLA and Northwestern. I wasn't able to attend GW's weekend but I did attend USC's weekend and was impressed by their faculty. Did any of you guys go to the admit weekend and could you let me know your impression of the faculty at GW? I've sent in my $200 deposit, hopefully I will make a decision before the next $800 is due.

I was at the preview weekend.  I really liked it.  They hooked me up with a 2L to stay with and he was really cool.  Went to Bar review on Thursday and all the current students were fun.  The preview day was quite enjoyable even with my hangover.  Profs Cheh and Butler had a discussion on not participating in systems that are rigged e.g. Guantanamo Bay and being a black prosecutor.  They were great.  We then had lunch and most of the profs were there.  The two at my table were very nice.  The guy who gave the lunch time talk was ok but he gave us a history lesson more suited to 18 year olds.  Lots more panels.  Free beer and subs at the law school for dinner.  FYI:  They have free beer every Thursday 6-8.  Then we went to Vida, strong drinks and cool people.  They were blasting techno which was a little unfortunate but all the pre-Ls still managed to mingle.  I met lots of cool people.  Ended up at frontpage for more drinks.  I showed up late the second day because they had already convinced me and I needed sleep.  All in all a very fun weekend. 

As far as GW vs. USC.  USC is in the hood and you would need a car.  The weather is better.  My advice is to just visit GW and decide.  You can't make a bad choice but I am happy to move to GW from SoCal (San Diego).