Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW bound...  (Read 2617 times)

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GW bound...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 10:22:33 AM »
I'm in, that sounds perfect. 7pm Saturday night at Big Hunt. Good point about the meeting up part, Eileen. We can either PM each other our cellphones and call each other like idiots, or maybe somebody who knows the bar can tell us a strategic area.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
If you guys are still out later in the evening I will try to meet up but it looks like I will be with my future in laws all evening.  That being said, anybody in the area want to meet up this friday?  If not, keep me in mind for the next time and let me know how the big hunt is.
Attending GW in Fall '06

eileen2004

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 10:36:58 AM »
I'm in, that sounds perfect. 7pm Saturday night at Big Hunt. Good point about the meeting up part, Eileen. We can either PM each other our cellphones and call each other like idiots, or maybe somebody who knows the bar can tell us a strategic area.

When you walk in the door the bar will be on your left.  Walk to the end of the bar, go through the doorway to your left and you'll be in a second room.  Let's try to get one of the tables in the front section of that room (the side close to Conn. Ave.)  I seriously doubt it will be at all crowded at 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday.  

cland4lq

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 11:29:26 AM »
Hey everyone,

I was hoping I'd be able to join you guys this Saturday (though if anyone else who can't come then wants to meet anytime during the week, I'm up for it).  I am still deciding between GW and Penn, but because I'd like to stay in DC, I'm thinking of GW.  Anyway, I was unable to attend the preview day or the DC reception, so I'd love to meet some of you guys.

I'm originally from Olney, MD (about 30-40 minutes outside of DC), graduated in December from Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA and am currently working about 7 blocks from GW Law at a non-profit. I am planning on being up in DC anyway on Saturday with a friend, so I figured we could just extend the visit and meet up with you guys for a bit.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Cynthia

mwowowo

• 3.94/160 BS in Ecology 3 yrs. WE
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mwowowo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 12:59:48 PM »
Ok, it's firm.

7 pm at the Big Hunt (tables in left room closest to Connecticut Avenue)

See you all there!
ATTENDING: GWU
In: GWU (PT), American (PT)
WL: G-Town (PT)

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 01:04:01 PM »
Cynthia, of course, you're more than welcome to join us. See Eileen's post for an idea on where to meet us inside the Big Hunt. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to have my cell phone number in case you can't find us.

I know a few people from MWC (or UMWMCNWMC or whatever the acronym is now) were class of '03 - Dan Curran, Marc Salotti, Zach Wineburg - know any of those guys? Fun school.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Riley329

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 02:59:36 PM »
Hey everyone,
   I'm currently in undergrad in PA so I won't be able to attend any of these GW get-togethers, although I wish I could. Just wanted to say hi and that I am another one who has already submitted my deposit. I went to Preview Weekend and fell in love with the school, even though I was pretty sure that where I was going anyway. I spent a semester interning in D.C. and know the city pretty well but it really was the other students I met over the weekend that made the decision for me. Congrats to everyone else and I look foward to meeting you in the fall. :)
starting GW Law in Fall 2005! :)

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2005, 07:29:22 AM »
For what it's worth, I should be wearing a red button down shirt & jeans tomorrow night - so if you see some jackass wandering around wearing that looking lost, it's probably me.

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2005, 01:30:45 AM »
FINALLY sending in the deposit to GW!  Can't wait to meet some of you this fall.

eileen2004

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2005, 09:38:35 AM »

Did any of you guys meet up?  I went over to the Big Hunt and hung around for about 10 minutes but didn't see any likely suspects.