Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?  (Read 967 times)

whoneedsanABA

• Sr. Citizen
  • praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?
« on: April 06, 2005, 06:23:44 AM »
so the bay area (sf, sj, and eastbay) lsat centers are fully booked.  does this mean i will have to drive down to la or freaking north dakota to take this &^%$ test?  or do you think lsac will open up some more norcal locations?

anyone else having this problem?

*****WHOOPS!  just scrolled down and saw a similar post...my fault!
it may come down to fordham v. hastings...

calgrad04

• View Profile
Re: bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:21:04 PM »
I wrote this below - but I would recommend calling LSAC and seeing if they can put you on a waitlist for a center. I waitlisted for one in Oakland since there aren't any centers in the South Bay. At least the test starts at 12:30 so hopefully there won't be as much traffic.

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 01:25:09 PM »
There are a couple of test centers in the Sacto area if it comes down to it. Although don't us Sac State - I was supposed to test there, but a couple of weeks before the test they said they had a conflict and couldn't serve as a test site, so I ended up in Stockton.
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 01:28:52 PM »
Hey Zakrob --
You went to Stockton too? Did you take the October LSAT?

Anyway, yes you do what you have to do. I drove to Stockton from the Bay Area because that was my only choice. There were lots of Bay Area people there. A couple of people stayed the night in hotels.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
I actually took the December test. But there were a lot of Bay Area people on that day too...and people from Chico, Eureka, Davis - a lot of people who were supposed to be at Sac State but were relocated to the Stockton site. I actually liked my test site, the people were really nice and it was very organized, so it turned out fine in the end.  :)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 06:00:17 AM »
Well, I had the same problem with the October LSAT. I live in the east bay, but ended up taking the LSAT in Stockton.

Hey zakrob, did you take it at Delta College? That's where I took it in October, had the same sort of experience. Same Q to dbgirl, lots of us from the bay area were in Stockton that morning.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

I65Stang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:35:50 PM »
Wow, Sac State screwed up in December too!  I was suppose to be at Sac State in October but they sent out that nice e-mail assigning me to Delta CC.  Luckily I was on the LSACs website one morning and noticed that it said McGeorge was "limited" all of a sudden.  I called right away and got switched to McGeorge (there were 2 slots that had mysteriously opened up that morning according to the lady on the phone).  Its kinda cool that I ended up taking the test where I am going to be attending law school. I only chose Sac State as thats where I got my BA from and knew the buildings/parking/etc.   

Sounds like everyone should avoid registering for Sac State!!!

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 05:45:36 PM »
Hey bruin,

Yes I did take the test at Delta.
I remember the desks being squished really close together, like high school.
It wasn't the greatest atmosphere and we got started really late ... but beggars can't be choosers.
If I had to do it all again and I had to drive to stockton I would have stayed in a hotel the night before rather than getting up so early.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 05:52:17 PM »
Yeah, the classrooms were like in HS, but CC rooms tend to be like that. Sounds like I may have had a better experience there; started on time, got out earlier than I had expected and the proctors did a good job. Getting up that early was not good, but at least it gave me time to wake up before the test.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 07:20:05 PM »
Yes, I was at Delta too! The proctors were really nice, and I also got out earlier than expected. I only had to drive about an hour, not too big of a deal, but many of the bay area people I talked to stayed in a hotel the night before. Definitely do whatever it takes to make sure you feel totally comfortable.