Law School Discussion

bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?

whoneedsanABA

• praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?
« on: April 06, 2005, 04:23:44 AM »
so the bay area (sf, sj, and eastbay) lsat centers are fully booked.  does this mean i will have to drive down to la or freaking north dakota to take this &^%$ test?  or do you think lsac will open up some more norcal locations?

anyone else having this problem?

*****WHOOPS!  just scrolled down and saw a similar post...my fault!

Re: bay area lsat centers are booked! what now?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 11:21:04 AM »
I wrote this below - but I would recommend calling LSAC and seeing if they can put you on a waitlist for a center. I waitlisted for one in Oakland since there aren't any centers in the South Bay. At least the test starts at 12:30 so hopefully there won't be as much traffic.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:25:09 AM »
There are a couple of test centers in the Sacto area if it comes down to it. Although don't us Sac State - I was supposed to test there, but a couple of weeks before the test they said they had a conflict and couldn't serve as a test site, so I ended up in Stockton.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 11:28:52 AM »
Hey Zakrob --
You went to Stockton too? Did you take the October LSAT?

Anyway, yes you do what you have to do. I drove to Stockton from the Bay Area because that was my only choice. There were lots of Bay Area people there. A couple of people stayed the night in hotels.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 11:55:16 AM »
I actually took the December test. But there were a lot of Bay Area people on that day too...and people from Chico, Eureka, Davis - a lot of people who were supposed to be at Sac State but were relocated to the Stockton site. I actually liked my test site, the people were really nice and it was very organized, so it turned out fine in the end.  :)

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:17 AM »
Well, I had the same problem with the October LSAT. I live in the east bay, but ended up taking the LSAT in Stockton.

Hey zakrob, did you take it at Delta College? That's where I took it in October, had the same sort of experience. Same Q to dbgirl, lots of us from the bay area were in Stockton that morning.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:35:50 PM »
Wow, Sac State screwed up in December too!  I was suppose to be at Sac State in October but they sent out that nice e-mail assigning me to Delta CC.  Luckily I was on the LSACs website one morning and noticed that it said McGeorge was "limited" all of a sudden.  I called right away and got switched to McGeorge (there were 2 slots that had mysteriously opened up that morning according to the lady on the phone).  Its kinda cool that I ended up taking the test where I am going to be attending law school. I only chose Sac State as thats where I got my BA from and knew the buildings/parking/etc.   

Sounds like everyone should avoid registering for Sac State!!!

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 03:45:36 PM »
Hey bruin,

Yes I did take the test at Delta.
I remember the desks being squished really close together, like high school.
It wasn't the greatest atmosphere and we got started really late ... but beggars can't be choosers.
If I had to do it all again and I had to drive to stockton I would have stayed in a hotel the night before rather than getting up so early.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 03:52:17 PM »
Yeah, the classrooms were like in HS, but CC rooms tend to be like that. Sounds like I may have had a better experience there; started on time, got out earlier than I had expected and the proctors did a good job. Getting up that early was not good, but at least it gave me time to wake up before the test.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 05:20:05 PM »
Yes, I was at Delta too! The proctors were really nice, and I also got out earlier than expected. I only had to drive about an hour, not too big of a deal, but many of the bay area people I talked to stayed in a hotel the night before. Definitely do whatever it takes to make sure you feel totally comfortable.