Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: phew. good news about hastings...  (Read 400 times)

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
phew. good news about hastings...
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:09:15 AM »
no- this is not an acceptance thread, but i thought i should share that I talked to a 1L hastings student who had NO idea where the 'competitive' rumors came from regarding hastings.  all he could think of was that they might have to do with the curve which isnt bad either.  only 1/3 of the class can get A's.  then 50% of the leftovers get B's, the rest get what they deserve.  I dont think its too shabby, and i know that emory has the same type of curve.  i guess if you are the super-anal "i must ace EVERYTHING regardless of whther or not i understand it" sorta person it might be tiring. 

His only gripe was that there was no campus.  other than that, he said the workload was more than comfortable, and that it gave him far too much time to watch tv... also, he likes his fellow students, loves his classes, and was really into all of the clubs and special interest focuses that hastings offered.  I officially am going to ignore the "soandso told me that their best friend's cousin's boyfriend saw someone ripping up the study guides"rumors, or the 'don't ever join a study group because they are all backstabbing bastards" rumors, and hope to attend if I am one of the privilaged ones admitted.  or waitlisted.   

I am gonna visit on friday.  anyone want me to look for anything or have any recommendations?

:)
big. fat. manly.

COASTAL

• Can't stand work anymore, must get out!
    • View Profile
Re: phew. good news about hastings...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:38:58 PM »
Anner,

Do you know the other tour dates besides this Friday?
Postal, will go Coastal, due to slow Postal from law schools!!!!!! $#@%!*$)#

interface76

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:07:41 PM »
What are curves like other school..i cannot imagine it being more lenient..1/3 get a's?? my undergrad was harder than that

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:13:35 PM »
All the Hastings students that I spoke with were really nice and agreed that the ultra-competitive image is totally exagerated. One of the Profs on the faculty panel said the the curve is 20-60-20 - so 20%get some version of A's, 60 % some version of B's, and 20% C+ or below, so 80% are getting either A's or B's which sounds fine to me. The students also said discussing gpa and rank are totally taboo and that a lot of students partcipate in study groups...so it seems a lot less frightening to me now.
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries