Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pitt's open house on Friday (4/8)  (Read 382 times)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Pitt's open house on Friday (4/8)
« on: April 06, 2005, 12:21:56 AM »
Who's going?
Pitt is it!

SleepyGuyYawn

Re: Pitt's open house on Friday (4/8)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:05:05 AM »
I wish.  But I can't get it off work.

I'm going to Pitt either way though.

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »
bump.  no one is going?
Pitt is it!

onudelma

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:30:30 AM »
I can't make the open house, but I was at Pitt last week just for the hell of it, and I liked it a lot. Now I can't decide between Temple and Pitt. I absolutely loved the city, Oakland and the school facilities, but I'm not sure if the school fits my interests (criminal, government, PI, family law - aka non biglaw). Also, the student body seemed very, how do I say this, vanilla? As in, I didn't see much diversity of any kind, which I value a lot. What made you guys decide to go with Pitt?

W&L '09

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:05:27 AM »
Perhaps Pitt seems this way because the area itself is less diverse than most large metro areas in the country.  But I don't really get the impression that Pitt has a "corporate" culture.  I mean -- it is a smaller law school than Temple so there are fewer students going into PI Law.  And originally I was a little worried about the lack of students interested in PI.  But I think I've had an interesting experience with Pitt b/c I have a good friend who is planning on going into PI law coming out of Pitt (she's a 2L now).  So she introduced me to a lot of students in the ACLU chapter and the National Lawyers Guild chapter at Pitt -- as well as other students interested in PI law.

In any case, I don't think she feels uncomfortable at Pitt or like it's way too corporate.  But that's just been my experience...