Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA, Could it be this week?  (Read 598 times)

zakrob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UCLA, Could it be this week?
« on: April 05, 2005, 05:23:45 PM »
I know there are many of us still waiting to hear from UCLA, so I thought I'd share.
I just checked LSN and there were 3 new UCLA acceptances dated 4/2 and 4/4. I honestly didn't check them very closely, so I can't really make any generalizations, but I am hoping that this means more of us may hear good news from UCLA this week.  :)
Fortune cookie wisdom: No one knows what she can do until she tries

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
Re: UCLA, Could it be this week?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »
I called today and they said they still had files with committee and they would be making decisions through the end of April.
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens

clunkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »
I wonder if they wait until they have a bunch of letters to send out or if at the end of every day they send out what they have. I wish they would communicate with the applicant a little better...send out a complete notice or let us know the policy for mailing out decisions as many of us have seat deposits due very soon. sigh. There's nothing to do but run to the mailbox every day I guess.

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 07:53:58 PM »
I emailed them a while back and they told me they send out decisions as they make them... but that could just be their "line" to people who ask. When I called last week they told me my file was still under review and that decisions would be sent out by late April. :-\

I wonder if they wait until they have a bunch of letters to send out or if at the end of every day they send out what they have. I wish they would communicate with the applicant a little better...send out a complete notice or let us know the policy for mailing out decisions as many of us have seat deposits due very soon. sigh. There's nothing to do but run to the mailbox every day I guess.
3.4ish, mid-160's
Accepted: UCLA, Loyola (Los Angeles)
Rejected: USC (whatever!)

*YAY!!!!!!!!*

blueyes7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 01:46:40 PM »
So if they're still sending out decisions through the end of April (and according to lawschoolnumbers.com some of the recent ones have been good news) why do they have their admitted students' day the weekend of 15/16?  Doesn't make sense to me...at least send something out by then...right?

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 03:46:29 PM »
My friend and co-worker just got his acceptance packet from UCLA over the weekend, and He is in the East COast.
His #s are 164/3.4+
2+ years patent agent, 1+ years Patent examiner.
White as can be.
Hope this helps.

tinyandi

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 06:17:37 PM »
I can't take the wait anymore.  UCLA...make my decision easy and accept me!  ;)
Attending: Emory
In: UF, UM
Wailisted: ND (Group 1), Berkeley (Group 1)
Rejections: GW, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tinyandi